Hey

• November 20, 2011 3:22 AM PST
    I also came from another site, a good majority of us have followed. No sure how I feel yet. Only really talked to 1 member so far that is in my area.  Will keep checking back to see if it gets more friendly.  Later , GoetzYou
    • 9 posts
    November 20, 2011 7:02 AM PST
    Hey....GoetzYou! Welcome to cyclefish, sister! Hang around for a bit, check out all the various forums and pick something relatable, that you want to "talk" about. That's one of the easiest ways to get to know some folks, that and by intoducing yourself, here in "New Members". I will send you a friend request, and IF you decide to accept, cruise "my" friends, and send out some other friend requests. The more you send out, the faster you'll make some great friends. The folks here, are down-to-earth, and not pretentious, at all. There's a wealth of great advice to be had, and a lot of folks, eager to help a sister out. (Bro's, too!) Welcome, friend, to the last "biker" site, you'll
    ever need.

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 0 posts
    November 20, 2011 8:06 AM PST
    Gday there from Brisbane Australia..Ya wanna bloody laugh? I got the exact same undies as ya got there only I wear mine on the outside..Anyways the new sheila gets the first round of beers...Cheers Boof
    • 1516 posts
    November 20, 2011 8:15 AM PST
    Welcome to Cyclefish, Boof, really " I  have to same ones..??"  I am just not sure about some visuals
  • November 20, 2011 12:55 PM PST
    Welcome from North Carolina. Enjoy the site. Don't think you'll be disappointed.
    • 3006 posts
    November 20, 2011 5:34 PM PST
    Welcome & hope you enjoy the boards here,lots of good ryders, info & advice,just ask
    N Cal here too east bay area.! Go Niners !
    • 567 posts
    November 20, 2011 10:26 PM PST
    Greetings from the center of the Sunshine State and welcome to CF.
  • November 20, 2011 11:13 PM PST
    Welcome to CycleFish from the Pacific Northwest
    • 1780 posts
    November 22, 2011 5:25 AM PST
    Goetz hang around for a while, this croud is so diverse and the same for the topics. Cool bunch ...Welcome from Texas
    • 1161 posts
    November 22, 2011 6:24 AM PST
    Welcome from Southern Georgia. Yep like every one else said if you hang around here you may never leave like most of us have. I hope you enjoy the site like we all do! And Welcome to the CycleFish Family!
  • November 22, 2011 8:59 AM PST
    Hey. I am searching for new riding friends in the San Jose area. Is there a way to localize my profile to allow only this specific region?
  • November 22, 2011 9:44 AM PST
    So far so good, But missing the rides and events portion of the site, seems this site only has re-occuring events. and Charity events not rides and things to do posted by members, Already do the Gaslamp and Vet Staduim Swap. I ride every weekend with people I met on other site, was hoping to meet more peeps like that here.
    • 580 posts
    November 22, 2011 9:47 AM PST
    Welcome from Yorkshire in England. I came for a little while and been here soooo much longer than that. It's definitely worth sticking around cos there are lots of cool peeps (o:
  • November 22, 2011 9:55 AM PST
    Thanks @chocmintz Cool peeps I'm sure, but would rather meet people that I can ride with, 16 people on my friends list out of the 22 are from other sight that I ride with. Like I said before only met 1 new person in my area on here and he is already friends with most of the riders I know. Where are you So Cal people ?
    • 2 posts
    November 22, 2011 10:28 AM PST
    Can't help you much South Central New York State here
  • November 26, 2011 12:06 AM PST
    Ok, here is what I mean by wishing the people on Cyclefish posted their rides and events.  My friend on other site., posted that she wanted to ride to Santa Barbara, Cold Springs Tavern. She posted it under her rides and events, shows up on our home page. Well 45 people have signed up to go, We are meeting at a place we have breakfast, then off to Neptunes net to pick up more people. then up to SB.  We have people coming from the IE, OC and LA counties. This is how I met most of the people I ride with.  Cycle fish where are you guys in my area, maybe there aren't any, but the "1" person I have already met. Cuz the opnly ones on my friends list ARE the PEOPLE from other site, except for a few and they are out of state.         But it seems as most of this site consits of people writing on blogs, playing add a name and song crap games . I want to RIDE not talk about it. GEEEEZ help me with my road name  WTF . Riding tips, you learn by doing. not reading it !   Going to talk to Lucky soon, see if I can help out any. But until then you all keeep talking and I will be RIDING!
    • 9 posts
    November 26, 2011 12:18 AM PST
    Wow! Well we'll certainly be happy for you! But at the end of that "ride" you're taking, just what do YOU do with your down time? Do you have friends to just sit and kibbutz with, or is that not something you care to do? I've been riding bikes for close to thirty years now, mini and dirt's before that, and I always enjoyed the friendships of like-MINDED people, as well. You can't possibly ride 24/7, and some of those friends you might make out HERE, could be the one's you might want to count on, somewhere down that road you're riding.

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • November 26, 2011 12:37 AM PST
    I WORK, and spend actual TIME in person not on computer with these people, not just on rides ! Guess it is different with you all, maybe it is where you live. I'm not on facebook, like to look in peoples eyes when I talk to them. Have phone numbers and can hear their voices, I'm sure there are great people on here, but if I want to count on someone down the road, REALLY count on, I am sure I will have met them in person. Talk is cheap and actions speak louder than words. Later
  • November 26, 2011 1:50 AM PST
    Well go Riding hope you have fun doing it.
    • 844 posts
    November 26, 2011 2:56 AM PST
    I can see where she is coming from. We all love to ride and it would be great to have ways where we can meet up with other CycleFish people and ride... isn't that a big part of what this is supposed to be about.

However, there are some that do like to share here on line too, and there is nothing wrong with that and we don't need to put others down because they want to do that. I have made some great local riding friends here, but I also enjoy the "other crap" (as she put it) when I just want to goof off a little at work or instead of watching TV.

One thing I have loved the most about this site is that when someone does make a valid suggestion on how we can add something to make the site better, it normally gets added if its a good idea.

So lets all remember that not everyone is looking for the same thing, so we don't have to put people down for what they enjoy doing, and we don't have to tell people to leave if they make suggestions on things that others may like.
    • 5417 posts
    November 26, 2011 3:26 AM PST
    Well said GoFur,

You are right in that one of the things we really try to do here is to help riders find others in there area to ride with, and I am always open to suggestions on anything we can do to make it easier for riders to meet other riders.

However it is also great that when people are not on the road they can come here just to have some fun and meet others with like interests from other area of the country they will not ever have a chance to ride with. Hell I ride over 20,000 miles every year and still have plenty of time to come here and goof-off.

I don't think Bobby was trying to intentionally put anyone else down, but just including the stuff that SHE is not looking for here.

We will continue to add things to the site so that we have something here for everyone!  But at the same time we will not put anyone else down because they do what they want to do!
  • November 26, 2011 4:42 AM PST
    While I can see where GoetzYou is coming from on some items, I don't believe that is the SOLE purpose of this, or any, site. Slap me down if I am off base anywhere Lucky, but I don't ride 24/7 and I don't know anyone that does. Yes, when I am on the site when the snow is flying, or the rain is pouring down, I play the word and song games. You would be surprised at the insight you get on people from those games! Not to mention the chuckles and outright laughs you get from them. I have met people on the site that I will probably never see face to face from Australia, England, Ireland, etc. But I can at least talk with them, jest with them, and all that on this site.

I know that if I have a question on something on my ride that I can't figure out, all I have to do is go to the site and ask it. An answer, or at least sound advice, will be forthcoming. I have met people from the site in my local area as well. I have a list of friends also. That I believe is the intent of the site, as well as people meeting people to ride with. The perfect site just does not exist folks, although Lucky and his crew are trying their best to make this one that way. Great job to all of you!!

Lucky, is there any way to do a search for riders in your area? May already be there and I haven't found it, but that in itself would not suprise me! LOL!
    • 5417 posts
    November 26, 2011 6:26 AM PST
    Thanks for the input sjack, One of the projects I am working on is to localize the site a little more. Right now you can search by state (for users, businesses, events, etc), the next step is to bring it to a zip code level so you can find these things within a x mile radius of your zip code.

As with a lot of things I intentionally held off on this for a bit simply because we didn't have the member base and it would have turned up more empty results then valid results. Now that our base is growing we should have members in most of the areas.
  • November 26, 2011 12:42 PM PST
    SORRY, not trying to put anyone down, just thought this site was more action than games and blogs, sure probably alot of good info from people . Just looking for more people in my area to ride with. Apologize if I offended anyone.
  • November 27, 2011 3:00 AM PST
    Hey Bikers,
         I'm new to this site but like what I see. I am currently in Atlanta rehabbing leg injuries from accident in Jacksonville, Fl. which is where I live at. Stuck in this bed for a while longer. Miss riding, hanging with my biker brothers and everything that goes along with that. Ride Safe!