Installed a set of progressive rate springs in the forks

• October 15, 2011 2:06 AM PDT
    OK, the original set of springs were bottoming out and clunking and just plain worn out and I did my homework and decided on the progressive rate springs (stock length) from Progressive Suspension and they stiffered the ride and stabilized the front end real nice but WOW they put some weird vibrations through bars. You can tell when the road surface change and in a big way but handling they sure cure the Dyna's wobbly handling in hard turns. I think what I might consider is pull em apart and take out a few more ounces to see if that softens up the ride any. Anybody got any suggestions about their experience with progressive rate spring? Thanks! 
  • October 15, 2011 5:06 AM PDT
    Well, there's always the red neck fix. A buddy of mine had similar issues. He loaded his bars up with lead shot. Not kidding. I've never tried it but he said it worked !!

jb
    • 16834 posts
    October 15, 2011 5:51 AM PDT
    Replace your handlebar dampeners, or what some folks call "Triple Tree Bushings" with Urethane Bushings.

http://www.pro-one.com/Handlebar_Dampener_p/103080.htm
  • October 18, 2011 1:08 AM PDT
    Oh I did the steering head check and all that and had a fun time with fall away as I said but it rides frikkin nice!
  • October 18, 2011 1:35 AM PDT
    Transmission + = Formula + sorry.
  • October 18, 2011 6:33 AM PDT
    Get used to it. I've got them in my bike and now I'm going to replace them and fluid,etc. They'll last a lot longer than stock and you're really in better control of the machine in that you can feel the road like in a good sports car. Let them be.
    • 0 posts
    October 18, 2011 7:57 AM PDT
    Black old mate I put a set of ikon springs with gold top actuators in Marnis dyna and shit it made a huge difference.Its as hard as a cats head in the front now.We played with oil levels until we found a good feel.Ya get bloody used to it after a while mate.CHEERS BOOF
  • October 23, 2011 6:50 AM PDT
    Yeah it's definitely a good feel and has the road handling I wasn't getting outta the stock set! Thanks for the comments!