HELP!!! Looking for stand or lift for 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan

• October 14, 2011 9:33 AM PDT

1993 Kawasaki Vulcan feels like I'm being punish for owning a older bike.

Looking for stands that will lift the front and rear of my bike. I just got a set that did fit! Not even close. The mufflers are on both sides, and spool types won't work from what I was told. Then somone from a place told me I should get padlock style?

HELP PLEASE, going crazy looking!!!!!

• October 14, 2011 10:08 AM PDT
    I had the same trouble with my headers, I went to Pep boys and bought their cheap bike/atv lift ($69) and cut a piece of C stock to grab my frame and miss the pipes. Where are you, I'm in Elgin, my son is in the Marines too, still at Pendelton. Take some pix from underneath and I can see what will fit. My bike is 28 y/o anything is possibleJohn
    • 5420 posts
    October 16, 2011 2:40 AM PDT
    I believe what you are referring to is a paddock style lift.  A paddock lift is typically used it racing pits where the bike need to be lifted quickly.  They slide in under the axle or swingarm and leverage the bike up in one swift motion. However they do not lift the bike that high - a few inches tops.

This is what a paddock lift looks like...

• Ry
    October 21, 2011 7:41 PM PDT
    Kylie- don't know if my suggestion will be much help here, but I have used it in a pich for my own Vulcan. I jack up my bike ( for most projects ) with wood blocks placed under the frame at front and rear using 2x 18" long 6x6 blocks, and shim it with 2x4 blocks if needed. Done on flat level floor.

I found the same problem with the various lifts not fitting, so if anyone has a better idea, I'm up for it.
    • 1 posts
    October 26, 2011 5:24 AM PDT
    This may be some help... http://www.gadgetjq.com/mcliftadapter.htm />
    • 567 posts
    October 26, 2011 5:57 AM PDT
    I use one of these for all my lifting for oil changes and such. Maybe it will help you out.

http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/lifts-stands/1500-lb-capacity-atv-motorcycle-lift-2792.html />