Creating a Club

• December 6, 2009 8:39 AM PST
    Anyone have any information concerning starting a new club? A group of us that ride together want  to start one, but, we don't want to copy an existing club's logo, colors or anything else. We know enough about running one once we get started it's just the name and everything that goes with it that is holding us up. BTW we are in central Maryland.

Thanks
  • December 6, 2009 10:12 AM PST
    greyghost,try this site it may help you www.rcvsmc.net good luck with your M.C.
  • December 6, 2009 1:36 PM PST
    Greyghost, I haven't checked out the site rockerbox posted yet but do your homework. I see you live in Maryland so find out who's territory that is, Once you've established that, you must have permission to operate as an MC or other form of Association. Check to see if you guy's have a "Confederation of Clubs" for your region and contact them. The (COC) is basically run by the MC who controls the territory you live in. When dealing with these folks always show respect, even if you don't like what they have to say. It's easier to join an existing Club rather than start your own. Good Luck!
  • December 6, 2009 5:18 PM PST
    Hey,what's up.Gunner,I have to comment on your reply to Greyghost.And ask a few questions.First I don't want to anger you.Or anyone.But since I too want to start a club(why I'm here)I would like to know -are you being serious about this Confederation of Clubs ? Sounds like a mafia type of "organization".Ya know,"If youse don't pay us protection money,we will come over dere and bust your kneecaps" kind of thing.AND if I'm totally misunderstanding you,I APOLLOGIZE ! I want to start a club because I don't like rules-too strict .A few of us getting together once in a while .How about AMA sanctioning ? And do we need to get permits,establish a clubhouse,etc ?Finally,is this a site STRICTLY
    for outlaw "clubs"? Peace brother(s).
  • December 6, 2009 6:36 PM PST
    Coloradodude, LMAO. I'm just sharing what I've learned in the past couple of years. Yeah, it was all new to me at one point. I see your from TX, type in Texas Confederation of Clubs in your search engine. I suggest that if you're really serious about it, contact them through the web site. They will be able to answer your questions better than I ever could.

rockerbox, thanks for the website. Good stuff.
  • December 7, 2009 1:05 AM PST
    Good advice Gunner. Just wanted to add a few points. The COC's are not there to collect your cash but to ensure an unstable peace between conflicting clubs in the same territories (think United Nations). If you do not go through them to try to establish a club and end up stepping on toes be prepared to defend your right to wear the colors you want. All three piece patch holders have worked very hard to earn their colors. Most have bled and some have died to protect the club they belong to and they take respect VERY seriously. To just start a club without their approval would be the same as a slap in the face and inviting trouble to come looking for you. Getting into the logo thing, the pictures, colors and names may have an association with an existing club and depending on the area you plan on riding in may bring about unwanted attention. Also if you plan on wearing a bottom rocker to state wear you are from that is the same as claiming that territory and there is sure to somebody that will take offense to that. Ultimately if you want to be in a club it is much easier to join an existing one. If that's not the route for you make sure to go through the proper channels to start one of your own or be prepared to fight for your right to have those patches on your back. All that being said I want to say that I am not a patch holder but have been around those that are for quite a few years and have learned some things over that time. Much easier to just ride with who you like and not have to worry about having to watch your back. Just my opinion though. It is your right to do as you like.

Much respects,

Adam~
  • December 10, 2009 8:42 AM PST
    Thanks for all the input. I don't want to join an existing club, I ve done that. As far as asking permission to start a club in my area, I agree that is not acceptable either. Thanks
  • December 10, 2009 8:49 AM PST
    Rockerbox, I checked that website, very good information, thanks, btw we would be a LEMC
  • December 10, 2009 9:00 AM PST
    I would suggest you create a Riding Club. Sounds like that's more what you are looking for anyway. MC's do take living it as a lifestyle seriously and yes the ranking MC's in any State/Teritory will **** with you if you don't play by the rules, unwritten or otherwise. And they are usually the ones running the COC for any state or territory.

I'd suggest checking this link out for some very good information about the differences between an MC and a RC.

http://www.rcvsmc.net/index.html />
    If you want just a simple insite into the hard core MC world, visit this site. http://www.bikernews.org/wtn/news.php Take note of the warning on the home page... DEROGATORY COMMENTS ABOUT ANY CLUB ON WTN = BANNED FROM THE SITE, and THE COMMENT WILL BE E-MAILED to the CLUB it was made to, along with the posters IP. Always remember, after you have respect, it is easy to disagree, and still get along!

Good luck and safe riding.

Rick
  • December 10, 2009 9:02 AM PST
    Crap there I go posting before reading ALL of the reply's already given to the question. Sorry rockerbox for duplicating your advise.

• December 10, 2009 9:05 AM PST
    And GreyGhost your last reply was posted while I was typing up my first reply. Most times an LEMC will not be ****ed with by the territorial MC. As you are LEO you should contact your existing gang unit and check with them about how the local ruling MC is for the area you want to establish your club in.
    • 513 posts
    December 12, 2009 7:38 AM PST
    Good luck with setting your club up!
    • 1780 posts
    December 29, 2009 11:36 PM PST
    GreyGhost I will have to second everything Gunner, FartKing, and Hambone stated concerning starting a MC.
    I've partied around the Bandito’s and he Hells Angels, and I can tell you first hand they are VERY territorial and protective of their colors.

Good Luck

The Night Dragon
    • 190 posts
    December 30, 2009 11:02 AM PST
    heres my unsolicited input. The biker world existed long before you straddled up on one. many bikers paid their dues blood,sweat and tears to earn their 'colors' and to establish certain protocol and procedure. You are beggin for shit to come your way if you think you can just waltz in and rock colors and a patch and expect no static comin your way. The world is what it is what it is...and thats the way it is....You'ere playin in a different sandbox now,friend. RESPECT is a highly regarding commodity in this insular world you want to wenter. turn off the SOA reruns and realize that. Dont mean to come off as an ass but i dont want you all to be privy to a 'rude awakening'...
  • December 30, 2009 1:02 PM PST
    I'M THE PRESINDENT OF THE SCREAMINGEAGLES CYCLE CLUB, OUR NAME CAME FROM THE HUNDRED AND 1ST AIR BONE ,WHICH MY FATHER WAS IN DOING THE KOREN WAR ,AND HE'S THE FOUNDER OF THE CLUB, THE CLUB WAS STARTED IN 1961, IT'S NOT EASEY TO RUN A CLUB EVERYONE WANTS TO WERE THE COLORS ,BUT NO ONE WANTS TO WORK AND A CLUB TAKES ALOT OF WORK,IT'S EITHER ALL OR NOTHING ,SO PUT A LOT OF THOUGHT TO IT BEFORE YOU GUYS TAKE THAT STEP. HOLLER BACK IF YOU HAVE QUESTION ON BY-LAWS, DUDES, CLUB REGISTER AND YOUR COLORS PATTERN ,YOUR COLORS YOU PROTECT,AND RESPECT AND WEAR THEM WITH HONOR!!!!! PEACE SOLIDER
  • December 30, 2009 1:22 PM PST
    hambone wrote...
    And GreyGhost your last reply was posted while I was typing up my first reply. Most times an LEMC will not be ****ed with by the territorial MC. As you are LEO you should contact your existing gang unit and check with them about how the local ruling MC is for the area you want to establish your club in.

First.... lots of great info on this site and I thank everyones input........

Hambone- what about an EMS MC (Emergency Medical Service... medics, Emt's, Dispaters) are they F'd with?

Burgi

• December 30, 2009 1:31 PM PST
    greyghost...all I can say everyone here have given u some great advise, don't take it from granted, believe everything u read, good luck, I do belong to a Club, and RESPECT it's what is all about......................
  • December 30, 2009 1:32 PM PST
    HAMBONE I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHEN YOU SAY CHECK IN WITH A LOCAL GANG MC ,MC ARE NOT GANGS THEIR CYCLES CLUB SOME SOFT,HARD MELODY OR RUFF, BUT CIVILIAN STERO TPYE ALL BIKERS CLUB AS GANGS,SO PLEASE DON'T HELP THEM!!
  • December 30, 2009 1:59 PM PST
    solider wrote...
    HAMBONE I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHEN YOU SAY CHECK IN WITH A LOCAL GANG MC ,MC ARE NOT GANGS THEIR CYCLES CLUB SOME SOFT,HARD MELODY OR RUFF, BUT CIVILIAN STERO TPYE ALL BIKERS CLUB AS GANGS,SO PLEASE DON'T HELP THEM!!

I think he was talking about checking in with the local law enforcement gang unit. not a mc gang.

• December 30, 2009 2:48 PM PST
    greyghost, this topic of you wanting to start an mc , then sayng it's gonna be an leo mc ! Check the blue knight's site , You may be able to start your own chapter ? It's a organized and well known leo club !! Good luck brother !!  I joined the PGR  .  IT is not an MC !!   it 's  nation wide , riders , respecting  our  troop's , and our vet's
    • 1161 posts
    January 15, 2010 3:49 PM PST
    nightdragon wrote...
    GreyGhost I will have to second everything Gunner, FartKing, and Hambone stated concerning starting a MC.
    I've partied around the Bandito’s and the Hells Angels, and I can tell you first hand they are VERY territorial and protective of their colors.

Good Luck

The Night Dragon

Outlaws Aswell.  Along with certain supporters. 
  • January 15, 2010 4:12 PM PST
    BURGI wrote...
    solider wrote...

I think he was talking about checking in with the local law enforcement gang unit. not a mc gang.

I had'nt checked this thread in a while.  Yes I was talking about checking with the local law enforcement gang unit not an mc gang.  Law enforcement considers all 1%er clubs and any support cubs as gangs.  Just the way it is.  That's why a the units designated to watch them are mostly the same as any cities established gang units.

• January 15, 2010 10:29 PM PST
    lots of good advice from everyone,if you are starting a m/c you should follow the proper channels.
    • 190 posts
    January 16, 2010 5:55 AM PST
    I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU STEPPIN RESPECTFULLY TO ANY MEMBER OF THE LOCAL DOMINANT IN YOUR AREA AND ASKIN FOR A MINUTE OF HIS TIME. THEN SEE IF YOU CAN ARRANGE A TIME AND DATE TO SHOW HIM A BASIC OUTLOOK/PLAN OF YOUR COLORS AND CENTER PIECE. ASK FOR A SIT DOWN WITH SOMEONE FROM THE LOCAL C.O.C AND SEE HOW IT GOES.... MC IS DIFFERENT FROM AN RC/ THREE PIECE AND TWO PIECE AND ONE PIECE ARE AL DIFFERENT ANIMALS...
  • January 16, 2010 6:24 AM PST
    First off I would HIGHLY suggest you call it a Riding Club, and NOT a MC. You might even look into your AMA local rep about an RC
    Secondly I would attend a CoC meeting, and confer with some of the officers.
    Finally I would suggest just being a bunch of friends that ride together, and not a bunch of guys defined by their afiliation.

All that said I am the president of the largest brand oriented[non factory supported] club in the US, and it is a bit of a pain in the ass. We do have local chapters, but they are all very carefull to not confuse themselves with a 1% club