Winters coming on ~ bike to do's

• August 29, 2011 9:13 PM PDT
    Hey Ya'll
     Yea I know its not even September yet .... But looking at the down tyme and what to do to bike ~ planning on striping it down to the frame and re-painting it / cleaning and polishing everthing that is chrome. And as it is an older bike go over everything and double check it so as nothing needs replaced come Spring.Adding a bigger tank and a more comfy seat for the Mrs. Just my ideas / thoughts.
     Slide -----------------thing
    • 19034 posts
    August 29, 2011 10:46 PM PDT
    Looks like you have a full list there. Beats watching TV.
    • 2072 posts
    August 30, 2011 12:25 AM PDT
    Oh CRAP....... Wintertime on the west coast !!!! Put gas in the bike and ride !!!!!
  • August 30, 2011 12:43 AM PDT
    It is always a great idea to change all you fluids before you put your bike up for the winter. Fresh oil is much better over the winter then old used oil. Your motor and tranny will be a lot happy once summer returns
  • August 30, 2011 8:55 AM PDT
    LOL BlvdCru ~ You got to rub it in to us eastcoast ryders. jhs - hear that and it is Amsoil all da way!
    Rex got an old ironhead so always doing something to it to keep it purring ; >)
  • August 30, 2011 8:55 AM PDT
    LOL BlvdCru ~ You got to rub it in to us eastcoast ryders. jhs - hear that and it is Amsoil all da way!
    Rex got an old ironhead so always doing something to it to keep it purring ; >)
  • September 15, 2011 10:55 AM PDT
    Want to add Highway bars/Crashbars.Maybe spotlights No windshield (Uh uh....Won't do it) Crying towl till spring.
  • September 16, 2011 5:58 AM PDT
    Winter riding prep=Put the liner back in the jacket, wearing long sleeves, heavier socks, thicker gloves.
    • 5420 posts
    September 16, 2011 6:02 AM PDT
    Yep 'bout that time to go dig out the gloves with fingers!!!!
    • 30 posts
    September 16, 2011 8:36 AM PDT
    winter riding prep - time for new leathers
    • 846 posts
    September 16, 2011 9:04 AM PDT
    Ya, first morning in the 40’s for the ride to work. Well maybe it’s time to clean the garage out and make some room so I can work on my old ironhead. I’ve neglected it since the RK came along. I’m starting to get the work and make something bug. The list is long and the time short but what the hell it’s still riding time here in the Northeast got to get it in while it lasts. Time for that stuff in November when the Rk goes into storage.
  • September 21, 2011 3:56 AM PDT
    Chaz ~ What year is da "ironhead"
    • 846 posts
    September 21, 2011 7:20 AM PDT
    it's a 76 ironhead with the cross over shifing linkage. Here's what it look  like now. It's been modified and pieced together quite a few times. I'm the first in a while to finish it to a state where it could hit the road.
    • 0 posts
    September 21, 2011 10:47 AM PDT
    Chaz old mate good to see the old ironhead on the road.I got on of those old bastards too.As for the weather well shit its nearly unbearable here at the bloody moment..Between 80 and 90 everyday and the sun is shinning.Even in the winter time it only cools to about 60 here in the sub tropics.Kinda like Florida without the gun fights..Anyways you mob have had a bloody rippa summer judgin by the pictures of all the tanned chicks in bikini's and stuff..So enjoy the winter and keep us up to date on all ya projects you mob...CHEERS BOOF
    • 5420 posts
    September 21, 2011 11:10 AM PDT
    Boof, you always got to be different... When we're gettin' ready for winter you're gettin' ready for summer. When its today here its tomorrow where you are, and then when it is today where you are it's yesterday here...

Oh well, guess it's your turn to ride in short sleeves and look at the tanned sheilas in bikinis!!!