Custom Engraved Windshield

• March 5, 2009 5:32 AM PST

I saw a Goldwing parked at one of the local events and the windshield had custom engraving.  Across the bottom it had the ownes nick name with flames on both sides.  Does anyone know where to get a windshield like that.

• 5419 posts
    March 7, 2009 11:24 AM PST

Dan,

I have seen this also and it does look pretty nice if you don't over do it!

I do remember seeing a guy that did it on-site at the Redwood Run a couple of years ago, but I can't find his card anywhere (and believe me I save all the cards I get from people in the bike business.

I did find a couple online by simply doing a google search on "engraved motorcycle windshield".  Here's one I found that does some pretty nice work (at least going by the pictures on his site).

http://www.engravingextraordinare.com/galleryEngravedMotorcycles.html

• April 3, 2009 2:50 AM PDT
    Hey Lucky,

I went to that website and ordered the windshield. Just got it yesterday, does look really nice. YOu should contact them about advertising on the site...good service!
  • October 16, 2009 12:25 PM PDT
    How long do thay take to do a windshield ?
    Dan1964 did you send them a windshield of your know ?
    • 3 posts
    October 16, 2009 4:17 PM PDT
    Not bad....I could do that with etched vinyl and have it look almost the same and you could apply it Or could use sandblast mask and actually etch the windshield as well.
  • October 24, 2009 2:39 AM PDT
    There was a vendor doing it while you waited at the fall rally in Myrtle Beach so you may check out rallies near you.