2004 Suzuki Intruder VL1500 parts needed

• August 27, 2011 11:11 AM PDT
    Just got into a bit of a wreck and need some items to bring my bike back up to riding condition.  the list is as follows;

1.)  Handlebars, stock
    2.)  LF directional assembly, stock
    3.)  RR directional assembly, stock
    4.)  L/S clutch lever assembly bracket that the mirror screws into
    5.)  Memphis Shades windshield, bottom half smoked

I will check into my messages often so please let me know if you can help in any way.

Thanks all
    • 130 posts
    August 28, 2011 4:24 AM PDT
    • 2072 posts
    August 28, 2011 4:47 AM PDT
    Check out the LC1500 Delphi forum. These guys are a welth of information on Suzukis and can more than likely get you everything you need (and than some). I have been a member of this forum for several years and they have helped me and saved me a ton of money many times over. (Don't forget to do a brief introduction when you visit).

http://forums.delphiforums.com/RLCMC/start />
  • September 8, 2011 2:17 PM PDT
    Thanks a bunch, guys! Been busy workin' 6 days a week so it doesn't leave me much time to pay attention to the bike. My riding days may be over for this year. Will keep you guys informed of the progress, though.
    • 2072 posts
    September 8, 2011 3:22 PM PDT
    Marc......
    The guys over at the delphi forum can not only steer you in the right direction on parts but also walk you through any problems you might encounter. One weakness on these bikes is the stator & rectifier. They have some outstanding mods (that I have already done) that will hepl rid you of electrical worrys.
  • October 12, 2011 6:08 AM PDT
    Thanks, Blvdcruiser, the only electrical issue I've had with her is the battery connections. Once in a while, I get a no-start condition which acts like a dead battery. A good cleanup of the negative battery terminal and I'm good to go. Electricly, the bike is still stock so there's no extra load on the alternator. That may change in the future, though. I have plans for a light bar but that will have to wait till after it's repaired from the dump I took during the Grainger County Humane Society bike run.