88 shadow 1100 clutch question

• August 26, 2011 2:59 PM PDT

I was riding the other day and my clutch lever started acting a little different.  I got to the house and as soon as I pulled into the drive the clutch would no longer disengage.  It was never slipping but now the lever will not disengage the clutch.  I bleed the line thinking air may have gotten into it.  unfortunetly this was not the case.  does anybody have a suggestion.  I am pretty handy at fixing anything but diagnosing is not a strong suit.  any help would be greatly appriciated.

• September 15, 2011 11:02 AM PDT
    A clutch , I'm sure you've discovered is a complex unit with many things that can go wrong. Now then, I cannot diagnose your problem with out seeing the bike, however, I can give you some theory. The clutch lever when squeezed does not disengage the clutch. OK, you bled the system and therefore your master cylynder seems to be functioning. Next, a lever or other mechanical device is activated by the hydrolic action of the clutch lever. That is the next issue. If your good at fixin things, however, unsure about the system, I would not advise any further disassembly in that parts could fly and you may end up towing it at an additional expense. Where are you located? I can refer you to a shop close to you or for that matter if you're close enough, bring you in to mine.