You Can Buy Motorcycle on sunday in Pennsylvania

• 1 posts
    July 8, 2011 5:29 AM PDT
    I never realized you couldn't buy a motorcycle in PA (and some other states) on Sunday, as well as a few other things you can't do on Sunday.  But now you will be able to buy a motorcycle on sunday in Pennsylvania!!!

Just read this....

ou'll soon to be able to shop for a motorcycle on a Sunday.

On Thursday, Gov. Tom Corbett signed a bill into law, allowing for Sunday motorcycle sales. Motorcycle shops have been allowed to offer Sunday hours, but have been limited to selling gear and clothing.

Pennsylvania joins its neighbors in New Jersey, New York, Ohio and Maryland in allowing Sunday sales. In March, New Jersey passed a law allowing motorcycle sales on Sundays, driving the push a similar law in the Keystone State.

That’s welcome news for many of the state’s motorcycle dealers, who for years have had to turn would-be buyers away.

Car sales are still banned on Sundays. Hunting is also banned on Sundays in Pennsylvania. But last week, the state Game Commission passed a resolution urging lawmakers to allow hunting on Sundays.

Other blue laws barring activities on Sundays have increasingly disappeared. In recent years, lawmakers have approved legislation allowing Sunday sales of beer and wine.
    • 16795 posts
    July 8, 2011 9:41 AM PDT
    I knew that. :-)
    • 9 posts
    July 8, 2011 10:05 AM PDT
    Welcome to 2011 Pa.
    • 1161 posts
    July 8, 2011 3:01 PM PDT
    Yep Wisconsin was the same way not sure if it still is or not but you could do everything but sign the papers until 11:59pm saterday night or 12:01am Monday morning. I have seen that a few times before in other states.
    • 16795 posts
    July 8, 2011 4:51 PM PDT
    RockBottom wrote...
    Welcome to 2011 Pa.

In defence of Pennsylvania's motorcycle legislation, we are leaps and bounds ahead of most other states.
    Sunday motorcycle sales wasn't as high on our agenda as say motorcycle education, disabled motorcycle license plates,
    laws discriminating aginst motorcyclist, ect.

RevBigJohn
    Motorcycle rights activist

• July 20, 2011 8:47 AM PDT
    Like a Motorcycle Blue Law? Weird! A good friend of mine is a mech at Iron Valley HD in Mannheim PA. I'll ask him about this.
  • August 1, 2011 4:02 AM PDT
    Can't buy a motor vehicle from any dealer in Indiana either on Sundays.
    • 19004 posts
    August 1, 2011 9:29 AM PDT
    That is a holdover from the PA Blue laws. Couldn't get a car either.
    • 21 posts
    August 1, 2011 12:17 PM PDT
    I think NJ just stated to allow M/C sales on Sunday VERY recently
    • 2072 posts
    August 1, 2011 2:06 PM PDT
    California would NEVER have a law like that. You think they are gonna pass up an opportunity to collect some sales tax !!!!! Out here you can almost get away with selling your sister on Sundays !!!!