Sturgis is almost here - Glencoe?

• 33 posts
    June 23, 2011 12:59 AM PDT
     Hey all! The Sturgis Rally is almost here! This journey is a "bucket list" item and my first Sturgis experiance. I am trying to find out who all is going to be camping at Glencoe this year. I am riding from Alabama solo and would love to meet some new friends and Sturgis/Glencoe veterans. My hope is to ride along wiht some folks who know the area and can show me the do's and don'ts. I am going to pitch my camp in section 8 as advised by some folks earlier in the year form Cyclefish.  I am really looking forward to meeting folks from around the country and sharing some good conversation and times!!! I hope all of you that are planning to go have a safe journey! Ride safe and I hope to see y'all there!!!!
  • June 23, 2011 2:11 PM PDT
    if i make it i will be in section 8 at Glencoe
  • July 14, 2011 2:51 AM PDT
    We will be there too!!! Come to say hi !!!
    • 33 posts
    July 14, 2011 4:33 AM PDT
    Hey ECR! I'm glad somebody finally responded! I thought there were several people from the forum that were regulars at Glencoe for the rally. Have you been before? I will be there solo and would love to tag along on your site seeing rides if you know the area. I am hoping to arrive either the 1st or 2nd to beat some of the crowd. It's gonna be an experience I hear!!!
    • 467 posts
    July 15, 2011 5:20 AM PDT
    Glencoe, Section 8, second driveway past the 8B restroom. That's where we will be! If you get there before Tuesday--save some space for us!!! Can't wait to meet more of the Cyclefish Fam!!!
    • 33 posts
    July 15, 2011 5:52 AM PDT
    Cnciaco - I hope to ride in on the afternoon of the 1st. How much room do you need? I'll try to save a spot for ya!!!
    • 467 posts
    July 17, 2011 10:01 AM PDT
    We bring our "cowboy toyhauler"--it's a horse trailer with living quarters. We camp for a week before Sturgis in the mountains in CO and then just swing by the house to trade out the real horses for steel horses and head to Sturgis. We will see you there!!!
    • 467 posts
    July 17, 2011 10:03 AM PDT
    Oh, since the area that we normally camp in is right on "titty alley", we try to keep all our campsites in that first 100 yards from the fence! Thanks again!
    • 33 posts
    July 18, 2011 12:23 AM PDT
    I'll see y'all there! Looking forward to meeting some folks!
    • 467 posts
    July 18, 2011 6:54 AM PDT
    Can't wait to see everybody there! We might also have Doug (Wolfhound) & Malissa (Motomalissa) there as well as a few Irishmen to hang out with!
    • 33 posts
    July 18, 2011 7:45 AM PDT
    Ditto! Tell me something...since I've never been to Glencoe, You have an "RV" and I am tenting it. Can we be in the same area? Just wondering.
    • 467 posts
    July 18, 2011 9:15 AM PDT
    Yes, because we dry camp down in the tent area. I do not like the rv area as it does not have grass or as many trees. There are actually quite a few "rvs" down there in the tent camping.
    • 33 posts
    July 18, 2011 11:45 PM PDT
    Great! Well I'll do my best to safe you a spot where "I think" you'll be talking about...lol. Pm me your contact # and I'll ring you up when I'm on site! Looking forward to a fun time!!!
    • 467 posts
    July 19, 2011 3:11 AM PDT
    Just to give you a handon where we usually are!
  • August 4, 2011 9:27 AM PDT
    Hey all -- can we just swing in and say HI or have to pay to get in to say HI??? Would love to meet some of you that are going ot be there this time.
    give me a hollar
    Barb
    507-383-6199

oh cruddy phone so wont have a internet while I'm there except possibly email --- barbaranelson.64@gmail.com