'01 Volusia seating

• May 22, 2011 3:48 PM PDT
    We're looking for any information on retrofitting some sort of tourpack rear seat on our VL800. The 11" pad needs to be replaced if Sharon is to continue riding with me. We have no "bells and whistles" as far as electrical/sound system etc.  Current rear seat configuration is stock pillion pad w/ padded chrome backrest and luggage rack and side bag brackets.
     Help!
    • 130 posts
    May 24, 2011 6:11 AM PDT
    What is the problem with the pillion you have now? Perhaps a gel pad could resolve your problem. I'm not sure what you mean by "tourpack rear seat".
  • June 27, 2011 12:17 PM PDT
    Problem is her comfort factor, or rather the lack thereof, on longer trips. She's seen too many Ultras and the like and wants what I only know of as being called a tourpack...rear seat and hard luggage case that, when opened takes the back of the seat with it. I apologize if my lack of correct phraseology if detrimental to getting my thoughts across, Thanx for responding.
    • 567 posts
    June 27, 2011 12:56 PM PDT
    You could always start with a Mustang seat that would give your girl a new pillion seat. But most likely, you'll hafta find A hard bag for the back rest and then have a metal shop fabricate the brackets to mount it to your bike. I seriously doubt that you'll find an aftermarket "tour pack" that is designed for your bike.
    • 567 posts
    June 27, 2011 1:24 PM PDT
    I did find this "tour pack" that they say will fit your bike if it has a hard luggage rack on the back.
    http://www.ridebikegear.com/tp-extra-large-motorcycle-tour-pak-with-wrap-around-backrest-large-top-rack-and-slimline-led-spoiler-p-230.html />