From the "Toughest Weather City" in the country - Farg

• April 9, 2011 5:04 AM PDT
     The more I learn about the CycleFish.com site the better I'm liking it.  Now if I can find some friends here?

Being a motorcycle-motor-sports journalist now, former Evil Knievel (with out a landing ramp) and Pro-flat track racer, motorcycles have been a huge part of my life. Just because I'm not much of a black leather and chopper kind of guy, but I sure can ride a motorcycle! Funny thing I always felt safe on a race track.

I guess some people just don't find fun in sliding a 750cc flat tracker into a corner a 130 mph... If you think you'd like watching it happen follow amaproracing.com / flat track for national events in your area. Now that I have retired from the Pro Racing, I follow and do many stories every year in on-line publications like todayscyclecoverage.com and flattrack.com.  It's fun to still get paid to go to the races.

M3 Racing and our youngmen (sons) are going flat track racing this year, talk about living the dream. We are very busy finishing up the Pro Singles bikes for the 2011 Season. (Check out the photos on my profile page). Have the next generation taking over on track is a super cool feeling. 

Could be... It's because you meet the nicest people at a Flat Track Race!

See: Dan Jacobson and Mac McGrew (the kids)
    or Daniel K Jacobson (me) on facebook too.

Links: flattrack.com, flattrackmn.com, todayscyclecoverage.com
    • 5420 posts
    April 9, 2011 5:11 AM PDT
    Dan, I love watching flat track racing, actually I love watching all motorcycle racing. I did used to race myself (road) back in my younger years and I did a lot of dirt bike riding for fun. Now I break way to easy, so I spend my time in the stands watching the youngsters doing stuff that was considered impossible when I was that age!!!
  • April 9, 2011 9:55 AM PDT
    I do enjoy watching Motorcycle Racing of all kinds. Motorsports Rock.
    • 19043 posts
    April 10, 2011 1:12 AM PDT
    Flat track racers are some of the baddest people on two wheels. Welcome and Salute!
  • April 10, 2011 3:38 AM PDT
    Welcome to the site neighbor! Great to have you:-)
  • April 11, 2011 1:00 AM PDT
    Welcome to the site. First race I saw was at Watkins Glen, NY. Sorta got hooked after that.
    • 2 posts
    April 11, 2011 2:38 AM PDT
    Flat track - Hell yeh! -
    But bet Houghton MI will argue about the "Toughest Weather City".
    • 2 posts
    April 11, 2011 2:39 AM PDT
    Flat track - Hell yeh! -
    But bet Houghton MI will argue about the "Toughest Weather City".