Fuel pack

• 5 posts
    March 4, 2009 7:16 AM PST

I have a 08 flhx, and just bought V&H monster ovals, high flow aircleaner. Do I need the fuel pack? Should i get the stage one ecm down load from the dealer, and get the fuel pack?

Anybodys exp on the matter will be appreciated.

I am planning on doing some eng. work, cams, heads that sort of thing.

Fatkid

• 1 posts
    March 4, 2009 9:04 AM PST

If you are planning on doing engine mods, you should be thinking about a fuel management system. The Power Commander is good, but there are others just as good.  Like any part with a number of good manufacturers, ask 5 mechanics which is best and get 5 different answers.

The bottom line is it really depends on who tunes it.  Find a good tuner in your area, there is always one shop know for quality tuning and ask them which they prefer to work with based on the modifications you are planning on doing.  I would have all your plans layed out when you ask them, even if they are going to happen ddown the road.  That will help them better pick what will give you the best tune for the final motor configuration you have planned.

Hope that helps a little.

• March 13, 2009 2:02 PM PDT
    Go to your HD shop and get the SERT installed. No problems after that. It will tweek your ECM to perfomance standards for your bike and the add-ons.
  • April 4, 2009 8:52 AM PDT
    With the slip-ons alone you could run just fine without the FuelPak, but if you installed a highflow a/c you definitely need to add some type of fuel management. On my FLHRC, I have V&H Classic slip-ons, SE a/c, and V&H FuelPak...great setup and runs perfect.
    • 5 posts
    April 10, 2009 11:11 AM PDT
    Thanks all for your input. I did get the VH monster ovals, the SE stage 1 high flow A/C, and the Fuel Pack.

It runs like a rapped ape.
  • January 24, 2010 5:27 AM PST
    i had slip on s installed on my 09 fatbob, fuel pack and air breather. now all of a sudden when i drive with a passenger on board, and only with a passenger, my nuetral lite flashes while i m driving in gear. she s only 100 lbs,lol, and i checked the wires going to trans, and looked for loose wires, any suggestions before i take it back to who installed the pipes and fuel pack