Lady Riders need help???

• January 18, 2011 7:22 AM PST
    I had a ladyrider dump her V-rod over in front of us this weekend, she was not hurt except for her pride but when we hustled over to help her pick up her bike and put it back on the stand she sort of gave us attitude about helping her. Im an old school biker and will help anyone that dumps their bike over. My question to all you ladyriders is,    Are we not supposed to help you Ladyriders out unless you ask for help???

Thanks Wheels

• 9 posts
    January 18, 2011 9:01 AM PST
    WOW! FOR REAL??? Something tells me, she's a newb! Only someone who hasn't been in the lifestyle for long, would react that way. She was probably embarrassed that she dropped her bike. And mad, because I'm almost sure that she broke a turn signal, didn't she? Been there, done that. The only difference being, I was GRATEFUL someone helped me pick my bike up, as I was 4 months pregnant, and slid on gravel. But, even if I hadn't been riding for almost 20 years when that happened, even if I had just started that very day, I would still have been grateful and happy for the help. Blow it off, Wheels. She has Karma to watch out for, now. And I, for one, wouldn't want to be riding anywhere near the witch, when Karma comes a callin'. Feel me? And please, don't let the actions of one low-class female, put a bad taste in your mouth about helpin' a gal out. Stay sweet. Ride Free
    Tweek
  • January 18, 2011 9:06 AM PST
    Agree. I will always help and unless I am told my help is not wanted/needed, then that's the way it is. A woman rider has nothing to prove in my book. Hell, she is riding isn't she?
    • 1 posts
    January 18, 2011 9:08 AM PST
    My wife is a ladyrider and she rides and handles her bike pretty dam good, but if she would drop her bike, which is a fairly big cruiser a C90T, first I would probably laugh my ass off only knowing that she is okay, then I would go over and offer her some assistance. I have dropped my bike and had some trouble getting it back up, so I know my wife would have troubles as well, I guess to help answer your question, I would offer my help to someone and if they wanted, I would provide all the help I can and able to.
    • 5420 posts
    January 18, 2011 10:03 AM PST
    Geez, that was uncalled for. Like you I would help anyone out in that situation - male or female - and would hope any other rider would do the same for me.

Hell, I would even let you wax my bike if you wanted to!
    • 223 posts
    January 18, 2011 11:24 AM PST
    I've always accepted help when needed, or even when I didn't realize I needed it.  An "old school" lady biker would too... just sayin'

• January 18, 2011 6:04 PM PST
    I thougt we were doing the right thing. Thanks for your replies and if I fall over sometime near ya feel free to help out. I guess maybe this ladyrider was having a bad day or maybe she was what my old riding buddy Manny calls New School Bikers. Stear clear of these folks but luckily their usually pretty easy to spot on the road.
    • 202 posts
    January 18, 2011 11:44 PM PST
    Personally, i'd like to be treated with like a friend you just havne't met yet... of course you would rush over and help! and if i saw you on the side of the road or with your bike dumped, i'd rush over too. (not too much i could do, but my intension would be there!) ::: if you didn't stop, i'd probably flip you off!::: lmao
  • February 17, 2011 4:37 AM PST
    I ride a trike, so hopefully I won't drop her. In Louisiana all the riders stop to help. It's just a Southern thing here.
  • February 17, 2011 5:34 AM PST
    I have dumped my bike in the middle of an intersection and really appreciated help getting it up. I was really surprised since the gentlemen that helped were cagers! Many thanks to them and all others willing to help this ladyrider.
    • 580 posts
    February 17, 2011 9:55 AM PST
    I've dropped Ethel a few times over the years and have always been extremely grateful to the men who have helped get her back on two wheels - whether car drivers or other bikers - because otherwise she'd have had to stay put!!!. This particular lady might have been embarrassed but that doesn't excuse the attitude.

I''ve learned the correct technique for lifting her on my own now so I know I wouldn't be stuck but I would still never refuse assistance.

Wheels - you are a true gent so please don't let this particular lady stop you from being who you are.

Hugs (o:

PS - I don't plan on dropping Ethel again any time soon lol
  • February 17, 2011 10:18 AM PST
    Sounds like a unusual response....like the rest of you I would help anyone and have!No one has ever said not to... So I just do my best!
  • February 19, 2011 4:43 AM PST
    Here's a LadyRider who was praying for someone to come along.....Long story short version.  Too sharp of a turn ...slid in the gravel, off the road with a foot drop and ended up with the front wheel stuck between a large rock and a larger piece of old broken concrete.  Down on the right side with the peg into my shinbone.  Pick up the bike and determine we are still in one piece.... but how do we get back up on the road stuck as we are?  And boy does my leg hurt?  Can't go forward because of the frame and not strong enough to pull the bike backwards up over the curb. Couple of heave ho's and I knew I was going to be here for awhile.  Sure wish I could  reach that cell phone in my saddle bag ( the one that should of been in my pocket ) but i'm to busy holding my scooter up on this downhill incline. So after about fifteen minutes this kid comes wheeling by and comments "Nice Bike...Are you allright" and just keeps riding by.....Helloooo?  Now I don't exactly know how a teenagers thought process works but after an ear shattering "Can You Help Me" he turned around and came back.  Fifteen minutes later I was back on the road and headed home with a leg that was swelling past the PSI limits on my levis.  Fractured leg...Hurt pride...Laughing husband ( good thing I love him ).  Thank God for Teenagers.  So Guys....Yes, Please Stop and Help.  Any Lady with an ounce of sense will appreciate you!    
  • February 19, 2011 5:19 AM PST
    Always help a brother out.  Doesnt even have to be a bike.  In fact down in Daytona last year I was on a ride through a neat national park and came upon a car with a young couple standing near it.  Was able to air up their flat spare, put it on and send em off.  Made me happy.  Right toward the end a Park Ranger pulled over to help.  He was as thankful for getting them on as the young couple. 

jb
    • 114 posts
    February 19, 2011 9:04 AM PST
    I too would and have taken help when I need it. I was alone at the beach last summer and had gone to a little shop off the main highway. The shop was wayyyy down in a bottom (1st clue) with a gravel lot (2nd clue). No flat right-of-way ground where the drive met the hiway (3rd clue)...  I wanted to pull out and go left but Traffic was really heavy and I had to wait forever for an opening to pull out. So I changed my mind and decided to go right, thinking that would be easier. I saw an opening in traffic and started to take it, but oncoming car sped up. So I hit the brakes -and over she went onto the right side....  I just stood up and laughed, then looked at her lying there on the ground helpless. As I was backing up to the seat to use my back to lift her, a cager guy pulled into the lot and was so eager to help - I was amazed! He kept asking was I ok and could he do anything else....  I thanked him profusely and went on my merry, albeit more cautious, way.     
    Point of this long story....  This female will take help anytime, anyplace, from (nearly) anyone!  So Wheels, on behalf of sensible females everywhere.... THANK YOU.....        Please continue your galant ways!