Can You Believe????

• 223 posts
    January 17, 2011 6:50 AM PST
    Ron's dad fell last night and had to stay at the hospital.  We were there thank goodness, so we were able to get him to the ER with the help of EMS (who didn't put a C-collar on him or put him on a backboard AND had him stand to get on the gurney and then didn't want to transport him!!!!) as he fell backwards and hit his head TWICE on the wooden coffee table.  He sustained a concussion and two lacerations, but the CT and everything else came out okay and he got to come home today.

BUT... where I'm going with this is, we stayed with Mom last night so she wouldn't be alone (she's a very bad diabetic) and our son called us at midnight (we live next door) to say when he got home, the bike was laying on her side!!!

We don't garage her in the winter, because we continue to ride if the weather permits and it's safe.  She's on OUR sidewalk, in OUR yard, away from the city sidewalk.  He and our other son picked her up and put her back the way she belongs and when I went to check her this morning, I was friggin LIVID!!!

We thought at first that someone had pushed her over.  But when I looked at her, I knew differently.  Someone had tried to steal her!!!  The ignition was on and the saddle bags had been gone through.  My son-in-law said the throttle handle was buried in the mud about half way and there's mud on the mirror.  Had she been pushed, there would have been more damage, so it's pretty apparent someone sat on her, as I could see the wheel marks in the snow showing the front wheel had been straightened.  But if you don't know how to start her, there's no way you're going to even get her to click.  And you've got to be tall to handle her, I can't even touch the ground, let alone reach the gas and throttle with the ape hangers and extensions Ron's got on her.  We've never locked her before, tonight will be the first night ever.

I'm beyond pissed!!!  What idiot would even think about taking a Harley (and she's LOUD!!!) between 11 and 12 at night when the whole friggin neighborhood's going to be awakened???  I figure they heard noise in the house and just laid her down because they didn't know what the hell they were doing.

We live in a small town... word will get out and we'll find out who messed with her.  You just don't mess with family... 
  • January 17, 2011 7:05 AM PST
    Sounds like they decided to just roll her off when it wouldn't start. Most of these dirtbags arn't the smartest in the world either. It hurt my pocketbook a bit, but I went ahead and got the LoJack on my ride. All the protection I can get. At least ya still have her!!!
    • 580 posts
    January 17, 2011 7:07 AM PST
    Glad they didn't manage to get her and hope any damage is minimal. Hope you find out who it was too

Hugs
    • 223 posts
    January 17, 2011 7:29 AM PST
    Thanks everyone, I'm glad she's still with us, don't know what Ron would have done if someone had gotten away with her. She's about all he's got left and he's threatened to sell her when times have been tough but no way I was letting him do that! He'd be lost without her!!!
    • 1516 posts
    January 17, 2011 7:42 AM PST
    If it was caught on tape it would be a perfect video for that show World's Stupidest Criminals.

Glad they didn't succeed in their endeavors!
  • January 17, 2011 9:06 AM PST
    Glad you got her...hope you catch the dumb asses
    • 19034 posts
    January 17, 2011 9:30 AM PST
    I am really glad they were dumb asses. But it only takes two skate boards and two guys and the bike will be gone in 30 seconds.
    Cable it to something unmovable will prevent that. A heavy duty cable and NOT chain. A good motion sensor noise maker will also help.
    It is a sad commentary on human kind that ever since we have owned things someone else has been trying to take them.
    • 1364 posts
    January 17, 2011 11:09 AM PST
    JACKA$$E$ !!!!!!!
    • 2 posts
    January 18, 2011 2:43 AM PST
    Makes me sad, would like to think that in KS or someplace there is one area where you can let down your guard & relax.

Hate thieves - not so much because they steal things but because they are so inefficient - Do $1000 in damage to steal something worth $10,000 then part it out for $1000 except they dump 1/2 the parts in the river when they suspect they are due to be caught

Get a part-time job in fast food, you will be money ahead.

razncain: Rex has the correct drill, should not be difficult. - Now that deer season is over maybe you can borrow some train cameras & make a big deal out of attaching them to the house. Doesn't matter if they work, they are just to discourage thieves
  • January 18, 2011 3:38 AM PST
    Just seems like an encounter with the cousins Smith and Wesson or Uncle Buck would make the point. Better that Uncle Buck would be Cousin Rock Salt! Sorry, there I go again. But then, what else can ya do. Locks, and cables, and chains, and all just tend to keep the honest people honest.
    • 223 posts
    January 18, 2011 11:25 AM PST
    Word's already around town about it, just waiting for someone to sing... and they'll sing... they always do...
  • January 18, 2011 1:29 PM PST
    R,
    That SO sucks....

Hope that the law gets 'em before Ron does.....

BTW...They're generating some BAD 'kharma'. NOT smart.

R
    • 223 posts
    January 18, 2011 1:45 PM PST
    It's not Ron or Karma they need to worry about... they messed with my man's baby, therefore they messed with my man... and NO ONE messes with my man...
    • 223 posts
    January 18, 2011 1:47 PM PST
    And while I'm thinking about it, Dad came home yesterday. He's got a slight concussion and he's pretty sore, but his head looked pretty good when I changed his dressing tonight. Keeping an eye on him for the next couple of weeks as he's 84 and hit his head twice. Normally we'd just watch someone for a couple of days, but due to his age and weakness, doc says two weeks. He's grumpy because I don't want him going outside to feed his cats or start his car, so he does it while I'm at work and thinks he can get away with it, lol!
    • 202 posts
    January 18, 2011 11:48 PM PST
    plan your actions carefully so it will be effective! mu-a-ha-ha.
    • 202 posts
    January 18, 2011 11:49 PM PST
    and so you don't get caught.... kicking his ass!
    • 223 posts
    January 19, 2011 2:04 AM PST
    LaPhoenix wrote...
    and so you don't get caught.... kicking his ass!

I'm 5' 3" and tiny, if they catch me, believe you me, the cops in this town would be doubled over laughing!  They've actually seen me go off on folks in the ER when they've gotten out of hand and have never stepped in to stop me. 

I might be little, I might be a nurse, I might be a closet pacifist, but again, do NOT mess with my family, or I become the tiny green hulkess!!!

• 9 posts
    January 19, 2011 5:09 AM PST
    Some have more brawn than brain. Coulda also just been some hopped up kid on a dare. One things for sure, I would either lo-jack it, or more to my liking, rig a snare. Let them go ahead and try it again, if wired just so, they get the nastiest shock in the most vulnerable spot. My old man had to rig his bike, only once. Very effective, when word of that got out. While the law wasn't thrilled, their success rate at recovery kept them from griping to much. There's this little pink wire....Ride Free
    Tweek
    P.S. I'm ao glad your Dad is gonna be ok. And you are so right about anyone messing with one of our own, there's been more than one tornado spawned, that way!