Auxiliary Fuel Tank for VTX 1800

• October 3, 2009 4:17 PM PDT
    Looking at the possibility of adding an auxiliary fuel tank to my VTX 1800 to ease my mind a little on long trips.  Does anyone know of any websites to start the search?  Not wanting to attach the cylinder to the luggage rack, look for more of a custom fit.  Thanks for any feed back.
    • 1 posts
    January 20, 2010 12:44 PM PST
    Gadget ,try the vtxoa.com website over 45,000 members plus all the info any vtx owner needs.My intention here is to help you get what you need and not to distract you from your membership here! .After all we're all bikers any way right! .My first suggestion would be to take all the desmog stuff off ,add new pipes,new air intake,and add a fuel commander like power commander or some other brand to make map adjustments to control the air fuel mixture.You can use the software on a computer to richen or lean out your fuel mixture,tweak your timing,adjust the amount of air to fuel ratio for each cylinder, Better yet go to the Dynojet.com . site for a better idea .The basic fact though a vtx loves fuel.But for longer rides you can manually adjust it for highway riding and get better fuel mpg.Any questions feel free to ask or look online.Good Luck !!!
    • 0 posts
    January 20, 2010 1:08 PM PST
    For my long trip I am going to find one of these that I can get from around here and carry with me.

http://www.liquidcontainment.com.au/fuel_bladders.html