OMG! I think I was just treated like a lady.

• July 9, 2010 3:06 PM PDT
    I still like seeing chivalry...you don't see it often enough though. There are times and places that I want to be treated equally...in the work place, but I still enjoy seeing a gentleman hold the door and a woman saying, "Thank you!"

But I often wondered when someone allows me to go first if that was the real reason....hmmm LOL
  • July 9, 2010 3:25 PM PDT
    ok guys, be honest, we hold doors because it is gentlemenly to do so, and it improves the vantage point haha! (kidding) it is the right thing to do.
    • 1161 posts
    July 10, 2010 3:31 PM PDT
    I hold the door open for any one near me male or female im not in that big of a rush to lose 30 seconds and freek out about it.  If holding the door is all that makes someones day happy then so be it.  But dont get me wrong some times looking at a Tail pipe is not bad either.   I have held the door open for some time now since I was able to hold it open for my mother and sister.   For me is is just a habbit like callen some one Hun or Ma'am or Sir.
    • 23 posts
    August 17, 2010 7:57 AM PDT
    ok guys, be honest, we hold doors because it is gentlemenly to do so, and it improves the vantage point haha! (kidding) it is the right thing to do.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I've ever noticed someone not being respectful to me. I ride with the same guys all the time, and really expect them to have the utmost respect for me and other women. Heck, I hold the door for other guys even. Wanna come  ride with me .
    • 19004 posts
    August 17, 2010 9:50 AM PDT
    It is always about respect. Whether female or male. Common courtesy always goes a long way and often catches the recipient by surprise.
  • August 17, 2010 12:47 PM PDT
    Well, like "badinfluence" said, it gives ya a chance to "admire" the other "side" fer a minute or two!
    • 223 posts
    August 21, 2010 6:57 PM PDT
    I find most of the bikers I know, especially the old school ones, are always gentlemen, even when a "lady" isn't acting the part. My husband looks like he could tear the head off a small child yet I always enjoy the looks he gets when he opens the door for me, lights my cigarette, or takes my hand in public. He holds the door for others as well, as do my boys. They also stand when a lady enters a room and offer her their chair.

I've been to many places where the "gentlemen" aren't so gentlemanly yet when I'm at a poker run, rally, show, or whatever, I never worry about my back or having my kids running around. It's a "family" thing...
    • 0 posts
    August 21, 2010 7:36 PM PDT
    Perfect bloody gentleman here! ask the sheila's from the chip. Shit now i got references lmao
    • 202 posts
    February 5, 2011 12:28 AM PST
    Aw, lets be honest... we all want a gentleman with a bit of perv?  lmao 

Don't worry, walking ahead gives us a bit of fun too.  We know your lookin, and make it worth your while!!        
  • March 22, 2011 11:53 AM PDT
    All Real Men are gentlemen.
  • March 23, 2011 4:29 AM PDT
    What everyone is talkin' bout here is plain and simple...good manners. It didn't take many pops to the back of my head from my dad for me to learn them. Boils down to upbringing, respect, and just plain good manners.