What Did You Do This Weekend

• October 3, 2016 5:56 AM PDT

[blockquote]RexTheRoadDog said:

A week late but went to buy toilet parts and came home with a new best friend. SPCA had a tent at the hardware store. After a week we named her Shilo. One definition of the name is "gifted by God" and that fits my often repeated declaration "Dogs! The Creators best design!"

OMG just look at thoes eyes.......Mike you old softly I would have done the same thing.

Night Dragon

A Pit / Doberman (probably a small one) mix. 

[/blockquote]

• 5420 posts
    October 3, 2016 5:58 AM PDT

Resue dogs are the best!!! They will love you forever!

• 16825 posts
    October 3, 2016 2:01 PM PDT

Dogs rule!

• 3006 posts
    October 17, 2016 10:36 AM PDT

Watched it rain...and lots n lots of football YaY!!!!) I know its a tuff job lol

• 16825 posts
    October 18, 2016 8:56 AM PDT

Sunday was our 34th Ann., we knew it was going to rain plus Deb's Steelers and my Nascar & NHRA was on TV.

So Saturday we went on a road trip to the Allegheny Mountains and Kinzua Dam.

• 11 posts
    October 21, 2016 9:38 AM PDT

Last Sunday we rode to church (a Brethren Assembly) 36 miles round trip. This Sunday, we'll do the same. Same round trip on Wed. evenings, too. This evening we'll ride 1/2 mile away & then 11 miles away to deliver baby clothes to 2 new grandbabies. Tomorrow, we're 1)cleaning out more of the basement for hubbie-Scott's 'mancave' area, workshop & other areas, bringing in some of his recently deceased Mom's furniture to furnish those spaces; 2)Gathering in the last of garden produce, mostly eggplant & making eggplant parmesan & persimmon pudding for church dinner this Sunday.

• 58 posts
    October 23, 2016 1:52 AM PDT

Work  Work  Work  But I am on the bike to and from.

This post was edited by RufCut at October 23, 2016 1:52 AM PDT
    • 5420 posts
    November 14, 2016 12:07 PM PST

For the first time in as long as I can remember I laid around and did absolutely nothing!!!

• 2 posts
    November 14, 2016 5:52 PM PST

I had a blast with my chapter at an incredible spot called sunset terrace..If you havent been go check it out,,,biker friendly and amazing owners... Check out our day  https://www.meetup.com/Chosen-Few-M-C-Ventura-County-Support-Page/ src="/public/album_photo/7d/c2/02/2bdbd_70c4.JPG?c=82f0" alt="">

• 3006 posts
    November 20, 2016 10:50 PM PST

Had another quiet rainy football weekend here.Keeping the faith that the Raiders have a good game tomorrow night ! Plenty of Raider fans in Mexico.

Other than that making a list of all the winter maintenance for the ride,and changing out some tires.Not sure if I should save some bucks n go get some Shinko's or try high end to see if I get more tread life.

Have a happy tbird week all

stay safe & enjoy the ride

• 1855 posts
    November 21, 2016 10:03 AM PST

Ahhh, the week-end; or every day for that matter.  It appears that we've extended an "open-door" policy to every person who has ever been acquainted with Gypsy and me. Our little section of paradise here on the Redneck Riviera appears under siege at times.  I'm fond of a lot of folks but I'm not above mentioning that there's "a hotel down the road" when folks think we're running one. Gypsy on the other hand would never do that; even if it's people we haven't seen in 20 plus years and with whom we have absolutely nothing in common.

Don't get me wrong.  I know already that as I get older I'm more a PIA and GOBB but all of our biker friends are welcome of course but damnit; they're out riding while I'm stuck entertaining a 3rd cousin on my mother's side or one of my son's old 1st grade friend who happens to be "in the area"

Being somewhat elderly (LOL) and fairly new to the area, we've had to acquaint ourselves with doctors and the VA and deal with their battery of tests; which has also cut into our real reason for moving south...riding (mostly) year round. I had already put my foot down when it comes to doctors, i.e., we're not obliging their schedules anymore but our own from now on.  And, after a week-end of dealing with a couple of the most boring guests (friends?) we've ever had, we'll be limiting our open-door policy to the first 2 months of the year.

God that sounds awful when I read it back.  Still, that was my week-end.  Rant over.................

• 19034 posts
    November 22, 2016 5:00 AM PST

Hey Jimmy, that happened to me back when I was stationed at Nellis AFB just outside of Vegas. ALL kinds of friends !? would show up for weekends. Yep ya have to set a limit!

• 580 posts
    November 30, 2016 4:13 PM PST
    Did a ghost hunt in some old tunnels that housed military and a temp hospital in the war. Not much spooky activity but had a lot of fun exploring the tunnels
    • 8 posts
    November 30, 2016 10:28 PM PST

Started the rebuild on the chopper, went to the clubhouse drank did a few lines enjoyed life 

• 5420 posts
    March 1, 2017 6:32 PM PST

Laura and I went away for our 15th Wedding Anniversary.  We stayed in Cambria, visiting some of the wineries in Paso Robles, the Hearst Castle and the beaches.  If you are in California and just looking for a weekend getawy, I strongly recommend Cambria... we had a great time.

• March 2, 2017 4:55 AM PST

[blockquote]Lucky said:

Laura and I went away for our 15th Wedding Anniversary.  We stayed in Cambria, visiting some of the wineries in Paso Robles, the Hearst Castle and the beaches.  If you are in California and just looking for a weekend getawy, I strongly recommend Cambria... we had a great time.

[/blockquote]

Thoes are Great Pic's, and you guys look great together......Love Birds!

Night Dragon

• 19034 posts
    March 2, 2017 6:07 AM PST

Congrats and Awesome Amigos.

• 19034 posts
    March 4, 2017 5:25 AM PST

After two months of resurrecting Eugene we finally put him on the road legally. Shilo had her first ride.

• 1855 posts
    March 4, 2017 7:37 AM PST

Finally settled in back in Ohio and our week-end will be filled with pickin' and grinnin'; celebrating the birthdays of a couple of my brothers.

• 19034 posts
    March 5, 2017 9:03 AM PST

Love to hear me some pickin'!

• 5420 posts
    May 1, 2017 7:50 AM PDT

My youngest son Riley and I did the Off-Road RC Car Stock Nationals this weekend - he drives, I wrench and he did GREAT.  TQ'd in all 3 classes he entered, then went on for a 1st Place in Truck, 2nd Place in Pro 2 Short Course and 3rd Place in Buggy.  He was leading his buggy race for 24 out of the 26th laps and then blew one of the jumps with 2 laps to go :-(  That put him in 5th place but he fought back to 3rd to get all three podium finishes!!!

This post was edited by Lucky at May 1, 2017 8:13 AM PDT
    • 11 posts
    May 1, 2017 8:03 AM PDT

Wow, Lucky & Riley, Congrats.

• 16825 posts
    May 1, 2017 8:33 AM PDT

Sweet!

• 19034 posts
    May 2, 2017 6:37 AM PDT

• 13 posts
    May 4, 2017 3:29 AM PDT

I just cleaned my bike, and went to a local motorcycle parts shop.