What Did You Do This Weekend

• 844 posts
    February 12, 2014 2:54 AM PST
    Who won the cupcake eating contest Lucky?
    • 1855 posts
    February 12, 2014 7:24 AM PST
    Uh, I fed the wood burner
  • February 16, 2014 11:11 AM PST
    Went to the local HD dealer, installed a throttle boss grip set and a rider back rest on the electra Glide. Washed the winter woolies off the bike and went for about an hour ride. 60 degrees and kind of sunny...in spots.
    • 5420 posts
    February 18, 2014 2:56 AM PST
    Did a big loop throughout So Cal hitting every biker bar to hang up Redwood Run posters.
    • 5420 posts
    February 18, 2014 2:57 AM PST
    GoFur wrote...
    Who won the cupcake eating contest Lucky?

No contest... I am a trained professional when it comes to eating sweets!

• February 18, 2014 8:34 AM PST
    rode 100 miles in between rain showers on sunday
  • February 18, 2014 2:47 PM PST
    Wife and I rode up to Solvang and Santa Ynez
    • 834 posts
    February 27, 2014 4:16 AM PST
    Like the paint job Dano
    • 1855 posts
    March 2, 2014 1:06 AM PST
    Mmmmmm, though still a bit of an invalid waiting for my back surgery (Friday the 7th) I did manage to get an old snow blower working just in time for the latest round. Got a plow for my lawn tractor but installing it was a bit too much for my back so a buddy took care of that for me. Grandkid hauled firewood up to the house. Now next week end I'll be recovering and be ready to ride when all this damn snow melts.

Peace
    • 5420 posts
    March 2, 2014 4:34 AM PST
    Had a GREAT weekend!!!!

Friday night we baby sat our youngest grand daughter (just over a year old).  Up until now she was always pretty cranky when she stayed with us.  Didn't like being in a different house.  But this time she played and laughed the entire time she was here... What a great time

Saturday I went down and spent the day baby sitting the older grand children (6 and 3).  We had a blast but man at that age they can wear you out.  Every time they find something fun,  it goes on for an hour with "do it again grandpa".

Then the best thing was when my son came home.  He owns a plumbing company and I help him out a lot with financials, book keeping, writing bids, etc.  To show his appreciation to the old man he bought me a brand new Glock 17 9mm.  I have wanted one for a while and he knew it, but I never expected that!!!!  What a good son!!!
    • 16831 posts
    March 2, 2014 5:42 AM PST
    Sweet!

We ate Stromboli and pizza in a restaurant made out of a covered bridge that was built in 1862 on Friday for my father-in-law's birthday.
    • 844 posts
    March 3, 2014 1:28 AM PST
    Lucky, that is really cool. You do have a good son there!
    • 5420 posts
    March 3, 2014 3:35 AM PST
    I do have a great son GoFur. Now I can't wait to go pick it up - 10 days here in CA
    • 5420 posts
    March 3, 2014 8:31 AM PST
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    Sweet!

We ate Stromboli and pizza in a restaurant made out of a covered bridge that was built in 1862 on Friday for my father-in-law's birthday.

Had to re-read that.  At first I thought you said you had pizza and then MADE OUT on a covered bridge, which I thought that was an odd way to celebate your father-in-laws birthday!!!

• March 16, 2014 4:56 PM PDT
    Hey Lucky,
    So how do you like the Glock 17? I was thinking about buying the 17 or the 26. Wound up buying the 26, but the short grip on the 26 makes me think I should have gotten the 17.
  • March 17, 2014 2:56 AM PDT
    Bristol race wet and nasty
    • 5420 posts
    March 17, 2014 4:06 AM PDT
    Dano wrote...
    Hey Lucky,
    So how do you like the Glock 17? I was thinking about buying the 17 or the 26. Wound up buying the 26, but the short grip on the 26 makes me think I should have gotten the 17.

I love it.  I was debating between the 17 and 19 and decided to go with the 17 because of the largeer grip

• 5420 posts
    March 17, 2014 4:31 AM PDT
    We had a busy weekend, especially Saturday.  We hit the road at 6am on Saturday and headed down to Murrieta to watch the Grandkids for a few hours.  After that we headed out the back way into Temecula Wine Country.  I told Laura we were just passing through and not stopping at any of the wineries (which she loves to do) and everytime we passed one she like she said "I hate you".  Finally I surprised her and pulled into the very last winery before leaving wine country... I small winery called Doffo.  There may have been an ulterior motive since the owner has a huge Vintage Motorcycle Collection in a building on the property - but Laura didn't care as long as she got to do some wine tasting.  They have lots of un-retored bikes all over the outside of the building but I really wanted to see the resored bikes inside. I found the owners daughter she had someone give us a tour of the restored collection.  This was really cool because they blended the bikes in with wine barrels that were actually active and fermenting wine.  If you are in So Cal I recommend you check this place out - Doffo Winery, the last Winery on the end of Rancho California Rd.

After we left the winery we headed out of Temecula the back way up to Winchester and stopped at a small 1st year rally called the Wild West Bike Rally.  There weren't too many people for the first year, but it was a great location and I hope they do it again next year and we can help them get some more people.  We hung out there for an hour or so and then headed to one of our favorite watering holes - Sporty's in Corona - beofr eheading home.

Sunday I spent the entire day helping a buddy lay down wood flooring and I am still having a problem standing up straight!!!

• 16831 posts
    March 17, 2014 4:32 AM PDT
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    Sweet!

Had to re-read that.  At first I thought you said you had pizza and then MADE OUT on a covered bridge, which I thought that was an odd way to celebate your father-in-laws birthday!!!

I married into a strange family, but not that kind of strange.

• 16831 posts
    March 17, 2014 4:58 AM PDT
    We have many wineries around this region (5th largest wine region in the U.S.) but none with old motorcycles.
    Neither of us drink alcohol so we don't go to any of them.
    But for those who do there is a wine tour poker run during Erie's Roar On The Shore on July 19th http://roarontheshore.com/
    • 3006 posts
    March 17, 2014 4:59 AM PDT
    Thanks for sharing,great post Lucky ! This is a definite pit stop for my next trip down south.What a kool concept!!!
    The motorcycles looked sweet,and their placement above the floor was a good idea!

I spent my weekend doing some riding locally & some hiking too.The weather was kick butt!! mids 70's to 80's depending on where in the bay area.

Happy St Patricks Day Everyone) LOL
  • March 17, 2014 11:59 AM PDT
    rode on a memorial ride for a fallen brother
    • 5420 posts
    August 4, 2014 12:11 PM PDT
    Had a GREAT weekend.  Saturday we went to my daughters house to celebrate three birthdays all within a week... mine, my sons and my son-in-law's.  As normal I spent most of the day playing with my grand kids and ignoring everyone else 

Sunday I went for a fantastic ride.  It was the Greatest Escape Ride to benefit the The Pacific Meso Center, a reaserch center for mesothelioma which is what Steve McQueen died of - hence the name.

It was a great ride for a few reasons.  First I got to meet actor/director/producer Perry King.  I talked to him for quite a while after learning he is a long-time board memeber and VERY active in the AMA.  As he put it... "I am a motorcyclist who acts to pay for my bikes" (which he has 16 of).  That day he was riding a ZERO electric motorcycle and he introduced me to the marketing director for ZERO Motorcycles.  I go to take a short ride on the bike whcih really amazed me.  I will have more on that later becuase ZERO is going to let me have one of their electric motorcycles for a couple of weeks to give them feedback and a review.

The next great thing about the ride was the route.  We left Bartel's Harley-Davidson and headed straigh over for a ride up the Santa Monica and Malibu Coast.  A beautiful ride since for a lot of it you ride right along the beach.  I did notice a little swerving going on as riders - both guys and girls - turned their heads as a pretty California girl in a bikini or a buff suffer dude wear strolling down the street :-)  From there we headed up into the Santa Monica Mountains which is some of the greatest twisty road riding anywhere.

The final destination was the Paramont Ranch which is an old western "town" movie set where they filmed the TV show the Virginians as well as lots of western movies. There we were treated to a concert by The Walking Phoenixes-a Johnny Cash Tribute Band, some great BBQ, a Ride-In Bike Show and Vendors.

I left kind of early so I could take advantage of another hour or two of riding through the Santa Monica Mountains before heading back down the coast to home.
  • August 4, 2014 12:59 PM PDT
    Sturgis !!
    • 1855 posts