Any softail deluxe riders?

• February 9, 2010 12:33 PM PST
    I have a softtail deluxe that I enjoy riding....I would like to add a radio to my bike....any of you lady riders have a radio on your bike and how did you add it to your bike.
  • MJ
    • 35 posts
    February 9, 2010 12:50 PM PST
    I dont have a radio but I do listen to my Ipod on trips.. Not a good idea for me to listen to music when trying to get around in town...
    • 16 posts
    February 9, 2010 7:31 PM PST
    Not a lady rider, but I am a softail owner (Fatboy). Any type of radio you try to install on a softail is going to be a pain in the ass; bulky radio and speakers, with associated wires zip tied to the handlebars. I know a couple of guy that drive metric cruisers who have el cheapo radios like that on their bikes, and believe me, it looks like crap, and they always seem to have trouble with 'em.

If you're real dead set on putting one on the bike, they sell aftermarket fairings with all the bells and whiste's (to include radio's), but they're expensive as hell. IPods with a good set of noise reducing ear buds are probably the way to go as MJ says.
    • 16 posts
    February 9, 2010 7:42 PM PST
    Just an example of a company that handles aftermarket softail fairings. www.dragonflycycleconcepts.com/index.htm

• February 14, 2010 5:37 AM PST
    Yup, and FWIW..when I was in Daytona last year they had some nice fairing set ups with radio for pretty aggressive prices. In addition, they had techs right there to install them for you. So, check the vendors at any bike shows you attend and see what they say.

jb
  • October 2, 2012 5:22 PM PDT
    ME! (okay better late than never
    • 5419 posts
    October 2, 2012 5:37 PM PDT
    Probably need to stop in more often SST
  • October 18, 2012 3:44 AM PDT
    little late myself, but "sounds of chrome" are killer. have a set on my fatboy. easy to install, plug and play with any ipod or mp3 player. and look good too..
  • October 18, 2012 9:31 AM PDT
    I ride a softtail deuce and I love it. I put on 4 inch chrome Hog-tune speakers and plug in my iPod. Speaker system sounds great. Paid 400.00 at local Harley shop.