Slow Race

• 10 posts
    February 5, 2010 12:07 PM PST
    We attended quite a few events this past year.  We usually get into the rodeo games.  While there are couples events, the slow race is usually all guys.  Last weekend we went to the Church crash and slow race in Ft Myers.   They had seperate slow races.  One for the guys and one for the girls.  I know there  must be other women riders besides me who would like to participate in the slow races and not go up against the guys.I have enterd with the guys but had a much better time when I rode against the girls. 
  • March 29, 2010 4:11 PM PDT
    Us women need to have more riding events we can compete in that are geared for us. We are the better sex ya know. LOL!
  • March 29, 2010 4:50 PM PDT
    OMG! If ya want equality, compete with the men. Actually I think the games should be split into men and women.
    • 0 posts
    March 29, 2010 4:53 PM PDT
    Suzithetailor wrote...
     We are better at sex ya know. LOL!

Fixed it for ya!

• March 30, 2010 12:40 AM PDT
    Slow races are the best thing, something you can practice at every traffic light and stop sign seeing how long it takes to put your foot down. When you go to Bikeweek events and experience bumper to bumper wall to wall bike traffic it pays off, makes you an excellent slow rider without wobbling all over your lane.
    • 10 posts
    April 14, 2010 7:42 AM PDT
    The first time I slowraced was at the West Coast Rally. I was the only female. Had a bunch of fun and the guy's were great. I do practice at red lights and such but the guys around here are good. I'm not saying I suck but they are better. We went to the Church Bash in Ft Myers and they had a womens slow race. There weren't many of us but the competition was more even. I'm not into all the women are better and all that crap. I just love to ride and would really dig competing more. I will say some of us are more capable than biting a weenie!
    • 5420 posts
    April 15, 2010 5:53 AM PDT
    I don't know about that. I have seen a few slow races with lady riders in the finals competing with the best. And I have seen many of guy riders put there feet down or go out of the lines within 10'. I don't think its a gender thing, just practice, practice, practice.

• April 15, 2010 5:57 AM PDT
    Please the only races the women should be involved in is the hot dog gobble....

• 10 posts
    November 6, 2010 6:07 AM PDT
    OK. Since we have only hit 2 events in the last year that have seperate races I have just entered all of them no matter what. I do get a thrill when a guy crosses the line before me.
  • November 23, 2010 11:43 PM PST
    I have never had a chance to do any of the games, where I live it is couples games and when I ride I'm not a couple!...I wouldnt mind to compete against the fellows, as long as they dont get mad when I win!
    • 58 posts
    November 24, 2010 12:44 AM PST
    The best slow race rider I ever saw was a woman. She rode a Suzuki 600 and could take sometimes 30 min to do 50'. That low CG has to be good for something sides carrying babies. LOL
  • October 11, 2011 12:51 PM PDT
    I think I could give that a shot. I did a weenie bit with another girl on the back not to long ago. I got down pretty slow without putting my feet down. My Delux actually balances pretty well at real slow speeds.
    • 1 posts
    January 22, 2012 3:06 AM PST
    Sorry but I do not think games should be separated by gender... It is a skill game, ether you have them or you need to work on them...
  • January 22, 2012 3:38 AM PST
    Bitchy wrote...
    Sorry but I do not think games should be separated by gender... It is a skill game, ether you have them or you need to work on them...

• 10 posts
    January 22, 2012 11:01 AM PST
    My Girl has been against both men and women and has never been beat by anthor women and has beaten a bunch of guys in the last 3 years we go some where almost every weekend just to slow race. just got back from Ft. Myres where we both won. There were about 6or7 women there and I would say the best way to work on your skills are to go up against others that need work to and go from there.I have nothing against women riding with the men.I think that if a women thinks she can hang with the guys then sign up but I also think that if it were separated more girls would be apt to try thus working on there skills.
  • February 3, 2012 11:13 AM PST
    really different sex games, I have never seen that before. I don't think it matters if the field is all males, mixed or all females, if you want to be a contestant then please by all means sign up. If your waiting for only the gals anything in the world of motorcycling there's a good chance that you might be waiting a very long time depending on where ya live, whom you live with, and how much you love it. Just do it regardless of who else is signed up to play the in the games. Its all fun any way right? have a great one "T"
    • 0 posts
    February 3, 2012 11:46 AM PST
    My mate sideshow Bob is the best I have ever seen at the slowrace and he has his lovely missus Cheryl pillion while he does it..He got disqualified last nationals though. 45 minutes was by far the best time for the 20 yard course..He was on his trike with a case of beer though and only toughed the ground coz he needed to piss...CHEERS BOOF
  • February 3, 2012 11:51 AM PST
    heheheha Awsome Boof!
    • 1 posts
    February 4, 2012 11:42 PM PST
    LOL@ Boofs comment
  • February 4, 2012 11:52 PM PST
    That is some funny shite Boof. I enjoy the slow races. I used to be ok. My brother was a blue ribbon winner. Slow races reminds of a saying a friend of my said when were kids. "Any idiot can go fast"