I think I'm having a Brain Fart

• October 15, 2016 6:42 AM PDT

Someone once said there are no stupid questions only stupid answers. Well I think this might fall into the stupid question area.

On the 06 Street Glide the front turn signals are both RUN and TURN as the rear turn signals are TURN ONLY. I was hoping I could convert the rear to the same as the front. The front bulb pins are not located accross from each other (one higher than the other) and of course have two filimants.

The rear bulb pins are low and straight accross from each other and of course a single filmant. I attempted to install a bulb that has the same pin set up in the back with two filmants, but it still only works the TURN only except the light flashes faster.

OK here is the stipud question: If I wire in a socket like in front, and of course install the same bulbs as the front will I achieve the effect I'm wanting ????

OK after everyone get's done cracking up, could someone shead some light on this for the OLD Dragon....LOL

ND

• 1855 posts
    October 15, 2016 7:01 AM PDT

LOL.....I bought a package at HD so I'd have my rear turn signals as running lights as well.  Comes with different colored lenses  and the wiring is simply plug n' play type.  I don't know a thing about a DIY bulb change but I'm not so sure that would work.

• October 15, 2016 12:06 PM PDT

Dragon save yourself some headache an spring for the plug an play kit from HD CHEERS !

• 3006 posts
    October 17, 2016 10:20 AM PDT

I'll bet you can find a You tube video that will shed some light on your question. other than that I am in the dark about it

The idea sounds reasonable, I would imagine the circuit would require additional power draw.Perhaps some sort of relay may be required to? Check electrical schematic n see how front is configured? best of luck w/that project

stay safe & enjoy the ride