Talking Hogs With Harley-Davidson’s Great-Grandson

• 2 posts
    September 7, 2016 6:55 PM PDT

"With Harley-Davidson’s 2017 touring models out this fall, featuring the brand-new Milwaukee-Eight motor (see below), RealClearLifehad the opportunity to interview one of the motorcycle legend’s main players—Bill Davidson, VP of the Harley-Davidson Museum and Factory Tours, who is also the great-grandson of the company’s co-founder, William Davidson."

http://www.realclearlife.com/2016/09/07/talking-hogs-old-and-new-with-the-great-grandson-of-harley-davidsons-co-founder/

• 57 posts
    September 8, 2016 3:44 PM PDT

Could you imagine how cool being one of the family would be???

• 2 posts
    September 8, 2016 5:52 PM PDT

Harley Davidson 01

(Note: Serial numbers first issued in 1907 and there are earlier specimens) 

This post was edited by 99Savage at September 8, 2016 5:54 PM PDT
    • 1855 posts
    September 9, 2016 5:19 AM PDT

I watched the 3 part series and I had never thought about the era in which HD started.  I've always been aware of the influences of Rockefeller, Ford, Carnegie, etc and how cut throat they were. It was just something I didn't associate with the growth of Harley Davidson.  But man, those guys and the company went through an ordeal back then. Companies like Ford and Henderson were downright nasty.  Of course the series was biased but hell, it does open ones eyes.  Even though most of us know the story of HD we probably haven't thought much about the struggles they endured during that industrial age or even how socially concious those guys were.

• 3006 posts
    September 11, 2016 10:40 PM PDT

Totally enjoyed the Harley movie,seemed fairly authentic,tho embellished HWood style.It did cast them in a positive light which was no doubt intended.The cutthroat business back then was daily run of the mill stuff looked like.

I wonder how much that motorcycle would fetch at auction? 

Harley Davidson is forging ahead, the motor company ain't going back to business as usual,new blood is coming up,watch out lol would not be surprised to see them turn out some of their finest rides in the next few years.

• 58 posts
    September 13, 2016 3:10 PM PDT

Would like to see something though for smaller riders, although the street 500 is a step in the right direction.  It is still too tll for my wife to be able reach more that tippy toes.  She had problems reaching the front brake, also.