BLACKTOP FLYER

• July 28, 2016 12:11 PM PDT

HI Everybody, thought i would share Dad an mine's new venture while  not a bike its plenty FAST yes WE are returning to the world of Drag Racing OUR first passion will always be BIKES an the Biker lifestyle but we have a lust for Fast CARS from 1998 to 2010 we ran a outlaw pro mod here in the SOUTH LAND under Sunchaser Racing won a bunch of races broke an set track records all thru the SOUTH Mostly 1/8 mile tracks in 2010 our last pass me behind the wheel was a 4.06 @ 172 MPH SO after nearly a 6 year lay off WE RETURN IN 2017 with a brand new car a great crew an a some what rusty driver (we using remaining part of this season to get up to Speed of sorts) I will be posting where WE will be running from time to time on here SO if you like Fast cars an good time Please come out an support US Sunchaser Racing an our car THE BLACKTOP FLYER !

• July 29, 2016 4:42 AM PDT

I don't live all that far from Bristil so let me know when you will be lighting up the track there.

I hang out with an old drag racer from the days gone by.........ever heard of Norm Paddack? 

Be safe out there

Night Dragon

• 19028 posts
    July 29, 2016 4:47 AM PDT

Cool!

• July 29, 2016 10:13 AM PDT

Dragon would that be Stormin Norman out of Texas he build alot mountain motors an ran the Fun FORD WEEKEND Events in late 90's to mid 2000's with his Mustang if he the same one then yes

• 3006 posts
    July 29, 2016 11:16 AM PDT

Looks like a lot of excitement.That set of wheels you have is really sweet.Wish ya the best of luck while running her, she is a real headturner lol in more ways than one I'll bet. One of these days I'll get my butt back down to the track n watch some.Never had a chance to drive one yet,but I bet it is a great experience.

stay safe & enjoy the ride

• July 29, 2016 3:04 PM PDT

THANKS Ron, WE are pleased how she turned out we'll be running our first Race this Saturday nite under the lights of the local dragway next year WE will be running Big Money Events across the Country thats one reason WE left hard to run a car of this caliber on THE LOVE OF THE SPORT alone but in the past few years an i think due to the shows PINKS STREET OUTLAWS an such ... theres more racing an the winnings are way larger for example in 2010 to win 10 grand was HUGE an now thats a normal POT BIG EVENTS are now paying 25k 50k an 100k which brings faster cars an more excitment an yes its a huge Gamble but then again isnt LIFE just one huge Gamble ! THAT'S WHAT MAKES LIFE FUN ! SO if you see A event posted close to you GET YOUR BUTT TO THE TRACK all of you WE may not WIN BUT WE GOIN HAVE A BLAST TRYIN

• July 29, 2016 8:08 PM PDT

Holy Crap, that's a good looking car Sun!!! Can't wait to hear the war stories! Best of fortune to you and the team.

• July 30, 2016 5:58 AM PDT

[blockquote]Sunchaser74 said:

Dragon would that be Stormin Norman out of Texas he build alot mountain motors an ran the Fun FORD WEEKEND Events in late 90's to mid 2000's with his Mustang if he the same one then yes

[/blockquote]

I believe he did go by storming norman but he was from Indiana and ran mostly East Coast Drags. This guy is a trip to hang out with, and man does he have some stories. He also had a wrecker business up there, and built race cars on the side. Ya should see the 41 Willis he has covered up in his garage. His wife is name Vickie, and she knows more about Drag Racing than most guys...LOL

Stay safe my Friend

Night Dragon

• July 30, 2016 9:31 AM PDT

must be a different DUCK Dragon my guy lives in Ennis TX BUT thats what i love about Bikers an Racers we have a passion for what we do till it just becomes a Way of LIFE outsiders look at US like we crazy but deep inside They envy all of  US no matter if its chasin wind or strapped into a 200mph rocket on 4 wheels

Stay SAFE B COOL AN LIVE WELL

• 16 posts
    July 30, 2016 5:41 PM PDT

That is one fine looking rocket ship you have there Sun , Good luck to ya !

• July 31, 2016 5:31 AM PDT

[blockquote]Sunchaser74 said:

must be a different DUCK Dragon my guy lives in Ennis TX BUT thats what i love about Bikers an Racers we have a passion for what we do till it just becomes a Way of LIFE outsiders look at US like we crazy but deep inside They envy all of  US no matter if its chasin wind or strapped into a 200mph rocket on 4 wheels

Stay SAFE B COOL AN LIVE WELL

[/blockquote]

Well you did get the Stormin Normal right and yes it was written on the side of his Mustang. He also ran a radical Ople Cadet. Wow now that's strange...two dudes with the same track name driving the same kind of car. I was over his house last night talking to him about you, but the problem I didn't know your last name.

Well anyway enjoy the trip down the strip, and keep safety in you mind at all times

Night Dragon

This post was edited by Deleted Member at July 31, 2016 5:32 AM PDT
  • August 9, 2016 10:42 AM PDT

FIrst outting went GREAT WE won with a 3.71 we did have a few minor hickups during the night but as all great teams do we pulled together as a team an brought the W HOME as well as lifting a few eyebrows of our fellow Racers since WE have been in the shop preparing for a PDRA event this weekend in memphis tn test an tune starts Thursday evening but mother nature may wash US out

• August 11, 2016 5:37 AM PDT

Kudo's Brother for the first of many wins.

Keep it straight and the rubber on the down side

Night Dragon

• 3006 posts
    August 12, 2016 9:21 PM PDT

Sweet ! Hopefully you get some more wins under ur belt & M Nature cooperates ! Still that first win always seems the sweetest. It is even better when shared with fellow teammates !!!

Stay safe & enjoy the ride

• August 13, 2016 6:30 AM PDT

Please give a heads up if you run at Bristle.......I'm only about an hour and a half from there.

stay safe

Night Dragon

• August 13, 2016 11:18 AM PDT

YES DRAGON will do we working on getting car set up 1/4 runs we were washed out this weekend we are ordering new gears an trans Monday car was built to NHRA standard but was set up as 1/8 runner Dad an I feel with having equiment to run both venues WE'LL have a bigger scope of events to chose from an we found a good deal on a motor coach styled Hauler so WE now can expand where we run as well WE take our room with US !

• August 26, 2016 9:05 AM PDT

hi all WE are headed to Greenville MS to a shoot out styled event to be held at the old airport using the runway as a race track this is a NO PREP big cash event Saturday !

• 58 posts
    September 5, 2016 7:22 AM PDT

How is she runnin, Sunchaser?

• September 6, 2016 8:52 PM PDT

well weather has slowed Us down seems to rain us out alot sad but the shoot out event went great WE took cash home but event was held at a old airport run way no lights or timers Flash light start laser beam finish all I know for now as SHE'LL GET THE JOB DONE ! Hoping to go to steel AL for quarter mile race in OCT. then Shelby NC in Nov for a huge 1/8 mile end of season event WE will be racing in 17 under the Southern Outlaw Pro MOD Association Their events schedule FITS Our schedule They offer both 1/4 an 1/8 mile racing Events are held thru out the Southern States 9 points events an 4 cash grab events for 13 events. I'LL KEEP Y'ALL POSTED

B COOL AN LIVE WELL !

• 19028 posts
    September 7, 2016 4:22 AM PDT

Awesome, and would really love to see a video, please.

• September 7, 2016 5:37 PM PDT

Way to go Brother.....and I'm with Rex..would love to see a video of that Monster setting there running, and breathing flames.

Night Dragon

• September 7, 2016 7:10 PM PDT

WILL do i just got gopro for in car view an Tori be running gopro of outside view I LIGHTER OF THE FLAMES SO... I get my utube channel up i'll post it here so y'all can check it out but b warned  She got a Blower whine from HELL ! sounds like 3,000 Irish banshee's screaming all at once dont known what a screamin Banshee is look it up IRISH FOLKLORD I get my edit skills down i'll take y,all for a pass !

• September 8, 2016 4:58 AM PDT

In the Hot Rod world there is NOTHING more BAD ASS than a huge Huffer sticking out of the hood. What kind of boost are you getting out of that monster?

Right now in Pigeon Forge is Rod Run week and there are a lot of really nice rides to check out, but the 57 chev has always been my favorite. Use to belong to a car club back in the early 90's and I had a 57 210 (yea I know not a hard top) black with hot rod flames on the hood with scoop. 350 ci...350 tubo tranny, with a dana 60 rear end, buck skin bucket seats and hooker headers.

Of course it was mild compared to the track Monster, but fun to drive 

Be safe out there

Night Dragon

• September 8, 2016 10:49 AM PDT

lol yeah WE Like 57's too Blacktop Flyer is a full chromoly tube steel with the funny car styled drivers safety cage made into the chassis making it part of the car an stronger as well less chassis roll or flex at launch, the body is just a shell made of carbon fiber from Racecar Concepts which is a four piece kit Body Doors Front Clip an down force wing WE added the grill decal as well as the headlamp decals just for looks an the trim moldings aswell. Power plant is a 526 ci Hemi Raceblock from Mopar Motorsports internal's are all custom top secret cut parts from Our friends at Huntsville City Speed Shop here in Bama, The Beast feeds off of Alcohol an makes 1920 hp  that Big Huffer made from Littlefield Blowers can put out 38pounds of boost max @ 8500 rpm equaling 3,000 hp on tap OUR passes in 3.70 range @ 212 in 1/8 mile puts US in the Hunt most anywhere ! FYI we have yet to use her max power making power easy planting power is where the FUN IS WE think a 3.40 something is lurking somewhere inside the BEAST we just got to find it

Stay Safe B Cool an Live Well

Chaser

• September 8, 2016 10:58 AM PDT

Yep I love my 57. This is it from the early 90,s

Be safe Night Dragon