horn volume

• 131 posts
    July 18, 2016 12:56 PM PDT

would like to change the wimpy horn on my sporty. any opinions on resonable decibal level/tone? thanks for any suggestions!

• 19007 posts
    July 20, 2016 5:21 AM PDT

I just read an article about this one. I have no personal experience with them but it looks interesting.
    https://screaming-banshee.com/

• 58 posts
    July 20, 2016 9:40 AM PDT

I have a Rivco air horn.  Sounds like a big truck, so, yeah, people generally "MOVE" when I sound it off.

• 16798 posts
    July 20, 2016 12:10 PM PDT

I put a pair of air horns on my 03 ultra in 06, yep that worked. :-)

• 131 posts
    July 20, 2016 12:33 PM PDT

was actually lookin at the air horns. they look pretty cool also. had a little trouble loading your link, Rex, but i'll get it. thanks for the input guys!

• 19007 posts
    July 23, 2016 6:55 AM PDT

[blockquote]yamwatiyam said:

was actually lookin at the air horns. they look pretty cool also. had a little trouble loading your link, Rex, but i'll get it. thanks for the input guys!

[/blockquote]

Sorry about the link, it works for me...google search for screaming banshee horn...

• July 26, 2016 5:01 AM PDT

Have had air horns on my "Dragon" bike, back in Texas and they do work. The motorcycle industry has come out with air horns, modulating stop, and head lights, additional running lights, all in an attempt to be better seen and heard out in the world of cages. Of course loud pipes do save lives, and help as well.

Even with all that equipment it still comes down to the rider to maintain a high level of allertness. Don't forget to check your mirrors when at a stop sign or red light for the sleepers coming up behind you.

Let,s all enjoy what we have in common and be safe out there.....always checking 6

Night Dragon

• 6 posts
    August 13, 2016 5:30 AM PDT
    I always thought the horn was something to occupy the last two seconds of life.
    • 295 posts
    August 13, 2016 7:12 PM PDT

• 131 posts
    August 15, 2016 6:04 AM PDT

[blockquote]Terrier said: I always thought the horn was something to occupy the last two seconds of life.[/blockquote]

haha! keep that in mind. right along side of "oh shit"