Pokemon go game just what we didn't need !

• July 15, 2016 8:44 AM PDT

OK so for those of you that have no idea what this is ITS a cell phone game app where the player goes around his or hers city looking for clues to capture these little critters on their phones it was designed to get couch taters off the couch an out into the sun shine Heres whats happening these people are so ingrossed in this game they are walking into the wrong parts of towns getting beat up,robbed, crashing cars, an just this morning I read two walked off a cliff while playing this childs game yes folks a Cliff  so its just a matter of time before one of these Taters runs over one of US while we are out enjoying Real LIFE so as if we didnt have enough to look out for here comes one more thing with a hole new herd of Brian dead Assholes we can only hope they ban this game an send these Taters back to their couches !

Stay Safe B Cool an Live Well

• 1855 posts
    July 15, 2016 9:25 AM PDT

I couldn't agree with you more.  I just received a message from my virus protection people warning of the open door for hackers in this stupid game.   All my grandkids have Iphones.  Jesus man; when I was a kid I was lucky to have a transistor radio.  When the kids are at my house all those phones get put away.  I don't like the competition between enjoying their company and their obsession with games.  And trying to make them feel guilty for not embracing their time with Grandpa doesn't work either.   Gadgets have taken over their lives.  They don't fish, they don't hunt, they don't camp, they don't work on cars or motorcycles, they don't play any musical instruments, and they don't socialize beyond the iphone interaction.

I DO, however, have a couple of grandkids (out of 15) who actually have a life.  My daughter insists on it.  That's not to say they can't be caught up in their Iphones but it's not a 24/7 thing with them.  Tennis, boyscouts, motorcycles, camping, and fishing are priorities.  And, like the teen-agers of my generation; they actually go outside, do things they're not suppose to do and find ways to get in trouble.   I love all the grandkids but the wild ones ya know........they'll make a difference one day.

Peace

Only the living swim upstream

• 3006 posts
    July 15, 2016 11:32 PM PDT

Out here in N Calif I see all sorts of kids to young adults out,walking, playing this game this morning at the coffee shop, I got an earful about how fun it is & that it takes a long time for the players to up their characters abilities. Never heard of anyone playing while driving? My understanding is the players just walk around and locate the different game icons to level up. Seen a lot of young teens at the park tonight wandering around trying to locate power ups.They were chatting among themselves & a lot of them were just socializing over game stuff. In my mind I see it as evolution of this new computer age, a lot of different aspects seem pretty useless,while others definitely have their benefits.

I recall my first transistor radio, my parents were like why do you constantly listen to that stupid radio?!?! I was in love with it, and you couldnt tear that radio ear-plug off my ear if ya tried ! I saved my pennys to buy it & still recall how happy I was when I brought it home.

My worst fear while riding is the idiots on the cell phones or the people who still txt and drive those morons should be locked up.When you are doing 65 down the freeway and look over to see a young lady in the fast lane head down checking her phone message/txt, that makes me upset.This Pokemon game is at least getting them off the couch and out walking around and talking w/each other,even complete strangers like me,who rides a motorcycle & gets the stank eye a lot when people w/that attitude are around.

stay safe & enjoy the ride 

• 16822 posts
    July 16, 2016 11:16 AM PDT

A shock collar that shocks players when they wander into a dangerous area.

• 19031 posts
    July 17, 2016 5:23 AM PDT

[blockquote]RevBigJohn said:

[/blockquote]

I like the Way you Think Rev!

This post was edited by RexTheRoadDog at July 17, 2016 5:24 AM PDT
  • July 19, 2016 4:35 AM PDT

My wife and I were out to dinner with friends one night, and I noticed 3 teenagers sitting at a table together, and everyone of them was on there phone texting or whatever they do. This generation cannot even sit down and talk to one another face to face. I'm all for advancement in tectnology but it is turning the younger generation into robots.

God forbid this is the people that will decide who among us needs to go to a rest home. 

Why do the words ..."Soylent Green" come to mind

Stay safe and watch out for the cages

Night Dragon

• 7 posts
    July 25, 2016 12:03 PM PDT

Im a beginner and I have just 24 pokemons :c haha.. I just saw a comparison image about parks in 2015 vs parks in 2016 and results are interesting. More people outside 

• 2 posts
    July 25, 2016 11:56 PM PDT
    • 5420 posts
    July 28, 2016 7:51 AM PDT

[blockquote]RexTheRoadDog said:

[blockquote]RevBigJohn said:

[/blockquote]

I like the Way you Think Rev!

[/blockquote]

Yep GREAT IDEA.  

However, after reading of the 2 people walking off the cliff, I am thinking this is just the modern day method of Natural Selection.

• 16822 posts
    July 28, 2016 10:22 AM PDT

The other night Deb was checking on what the dogs were barking at, she saw a light on our property, it was a kid with a device playing this.

Good thing the dogs were in the house.

• July 28, 2016 10:46 AM PDT

if that happens here at my place Rev i got a pump shot gun with Rock Salt loads I BURN THAT BUTT FOR'EM !

• July 29, 2016 4:47 AM PDT

You know your getting old when:  You just don't understand the young people of the world anymore.

Why when I was young my parents gave me a stick to play with and told me it was a horse. LOL

God help us all......this is the future

Night Dragon

• July 29, 2016 4:36 PM PDT

yeah Dragon in my day it was first Cops an robbers i was always a robber, then it was spin the bottle or Doctor an nurse dam fun games still enjoy Doctor an nurse when i come across the right NURSE LOL

• 16822 posts
    July 30, 2016 11:11 PM PDT

[blockquote]Sunchaser74 said:

if that happens here at my place Rev i got a pump shot gun with Rock Salt loads I BURN THAT BUTT FOR'EM !

[/blockquote]

Night vision and a red paint ball to the head. ;-)

• August 8, 2016 3:55 PM PDT

This is going to far Fort Phoenix a Revolutionary War Park in Massachusets is being tore apart by pokemon players over some rare citter that does nothing but give the player more points hell you cant even eat the dam thing so why tear up a battle ground were REAL BRAVE MEN died total disrespect in my eyes if these people need something to do they sould take up gardening growing things that you can eat drink an smoke O I FORGOT real skills are not PC anymore well when the world goes to shit I'LL BE DRUNK STONED AN FAT Laughin at their dumb starving ASSES ! O WAIT I ALREADY AM

• 16822 posts
    August 8, 2016 7:23 PM PDT

Things are getting real stupid with this "game".

• 3006 posts
    August 8, 2016 9:43 PM PDT

Apparently one person was shot & killed locally in San Francisco, a young man who was walking with friends,when some one on a hill in the park took some pot shots at them. The young man was a college student & not a threat to anyone.A nearby friend narrowly missed getting hit also.There was no confrontation,no interaction w/the suspect,that got away.

Sad to see all the adults ranting on about how the game is over the top. I even heard some nonsense that it is a subversive game,with hidden subliminal messages..wtf?? I guess its become the rage lately to make false accusations which are groundless & do little except to incite fear & hysteria in people.And promote distrust. The media being the main culprits.

I recall a similar time back in the day rants about people w/long hair,protests, people riding loud ass motorcycles, tattoos & noisey rock music & partying,would eventually destroy everything good in the country, and look we are still here stronger than ever.We are the most powerful nation in the world w/out question. I am sure we can survive Pokeman.The real problem in my mind is the reliance we have on computers in general, a real weakness were the systems ever to shut down or be rendered inoperable.,A real scenario should we ever be hit by a major solar storm or an enemy develops some sort of EMP weapon deployed in orbit.

Stay safe & enjoy the ride

• August 11, 2016 5:47 AM PDT

I think all the Kids today seem to be turning into Stepford Kids. I'm telling ya these Jokers are going to be pulling the strings on us Old Timers some day. Damn I sound like my Dad when I was a teen.....LOL

Oh well try to stay safe out there

Night Dragon

• 295 posts
    August 13, 2016 7:17 PM PDT

• August 15, 2016 7:46 AM PDT

like your post DJ, THEY TOLD me the same thing down in Texas when i ate Rattlesnake for the first time, it wasnt bad but it didnt taste like chicken an it isnt a meat i would want with my beans an taters often. Sunday Tori an I were out on the bike with another couple enjoying our rain free Sunday when we happened upon a Frisbee Golf Course the girls wanted to play so we wheeled in, the owner told us to watch out for the POkemon folks he had his course made a pokemon stop thinkin it would help his business he told US that was a bad mistake said he tought he could pick some business being a free stop but all they do is hunt critters on their phones an tear up his course AS we paid to play Frisbee these so called hunters were out on the course WE TOOK AIM twas a wonderful afternoon Tori an I lost the Frisbee game but won the Beam the Pokemon player in the head game ! they had to be in the path of play that was the RULE !

• 16822 posts
    August 16, 2016 8:07 PM PDT

Mich. couple suing Pokémon Go for ruining their quality of life

http://www.msn.com//en-us/news/us/mich-couple-suing-pokémon-go-for-ruining-their-quality-of-life/ar-BBvFrFv?ocid=ansmsnnews11
    This post was edited by RevBigJohn at August 16, 2016 8:11 PM PDT

• September 3, 2016 5:43 AM PDT

Do these Pokemon players ever WORK? They need to get a job and try to become a productive member of life.

Who in the world ever said as you get older you mellow out...........What a bunch of BS.

Dragon 

• September 3, 2016 6:17 PM PDT

I Wondered the same thing Dragon but then lotta ppl asked me the same thing Chaser do you ever work I JUST grin an answer whats work when you enjoy what you do !