glacier nat park

• 31 posts
    July 11, 2016 10:23 PM PDT

going to glacier nat park does anyone have good places to stay or things to see . leving elko nv and not taking any freeways.

• 467 posts
    July 12, 2016 10:23 AM PDT

Keep an eye on the weather, it snowed there twice in the last 2 weeks. All kinds of things to do and see. Make sure you try the Huckleberry Beer from Whitefish, Take a trolley up the Going to the Sun Road at least once, so you can see everything you missed on your ride up. There are places all over for you to stay, no matter what your needs are. On your way up, make a stop at West Yellowstone so you can take the Gallatin road up, or even Hwy 93. Both great rides. We just got back from leading a tour through the whole Western part of the state, including Yellowstone, Gallatin, Glacier and into Canada. Great time. Too much to see and do in a mere 10 days! Have loads of fun!

• 19007 posts
    July 14, 2016 2:55 AM PDT

YEP!!! WHAT SHE SAID!

• 31 posts
    July 15, 2016 2:49 PM PDT

great thanks for the information.when you fly by the seat off your pants you somtimes miss great places to see and check out.me and the bride will take winter riding gear

• 467 posts
    July 15, 2016 3:46 PM PDT

Don't forget the Huckelberry Patch in Hungry Horse, MT! Loved the food, syrup, huckleberry espresso beans, huckleberry wine slushie mix!

• 467 posts
    July 15, 2016 3:47 PM PDT

Oh! And the Flathead Cherries should be ripe by the time you get there!

• 31 posts
    July 23, 2016 1:30 PM PDT

flathead cherries and hucklberry wine;well that sound like a good time .first stop on the list

• 2 posts
    July 24, 2016 1:53 PM PDT

You must stop by Packers Roost which is in between Glac Nat Park and all other attractions.  This is my usual haunt.  Ride safe !!!! and see you there.  I will buy your first "adult bevs".

Glenn "Wildman" Wehe

This post was edited by stroked83fxrs at July 24, 2016 1:53 PM PDT
    • 31 posts
    July 24, 2016 6:00 PM PDT

hi stroked we are looking at making the loop up the sun rood and around back to west glacier is that a day ride.you never know about mountain pass.some take an hour and some take all day to do 100 miles