Good morning posts

• 57 posts
    May 6, 2016 10:57 PM PDT
    Mornin' All,We are loaded up and ready for the long drive home from NC today,the kids want their Mom home for Mothers Day so we should be home in about 13.5 hours if all goes well, Take Care Ride Safe
    • 84 posts
    May 8, 2016 5:50 AM PDT
    The intermittent rain of the past 3 days continued today and should stay with us thru next Saturday. Looking good on motorcycle miles though. Holding around 99,550.

Want 100K on 1 Jun. 3 1/2 weeks for 450 miles. Piece of cake.
    • 3006 posts
    May 8, 2016 8:32 AM PDT
    Lazy Sunday morning here.Just enjoying the first sunlight in the last 4 days.
    Just recently turned over 75000 on my ride.She is doing pretty dam good after all the abuse I have heaped on her.Tho she is showing her age a bit. I can't imagine me riding on some old dirt back roads helped any.
    Hope ya'll have a great Mothers Day!!!
  • May 8, 2016 11:56 PM PDT
    Well it's a new week, cool out, no wind, finally, and expecting no rain.
    Everyone make this week a great one
    Stay Safe and Check 6 often
    Night Dragon
    • 57 posts
    May 9, 2016 1:01 AM PDT
    Morning' all, well we made it home from NC and now its going to rain until Wed.but thats ok we are both exhausted and can rest up,Mothers Day with the kids and grand-kids was a great distraction for Diane anyway hope you all have a Great Day. Ride Safe
    • 58 posts
    May 9, 2016 2:55 AM PDT
    29600 miles on my E-Glide and clutch cable broke. Luckily wasn't far from my sister's house so hauled it there and now $100.00/4hrs later have new cable installed.
    • 84 posts
    May 9, 2016 9:08 PM PDT
    29.6K miles seems a little low for a clutch cable to break. My Lowrider has 99.5K miles without needing a new cable. I started getting a little worried about mine breaking around the 50K mark and bought a new cable to carry on long trips but still no problem.

Any idea what caused it to fail? 4 hours to change it?

• 58 posts
    May 10, 2016 2:28 AM PDT
    It broke at the eyelet going in to the handle (upper end). I figure it must have been a bad cable to start with, but who knows what the original owner (first 13400 miles) did with/to it. I figured 4 hrs to be pretty good. I've never had to change a cable before. Had to remove Outer fairing, lower fairing, exhaust. Lost time with the exhaust 'cause I first tried to take it apart and ended up dropping the whole thing as 1 piece. Anyway, if the book calls for 2 hours to do something. I generally figure on 4 for myself. Now workstand. No Jack. Working outside, on the ground.
  • May 13, 2016 1:48 AM PDT
    good morning fishers its been a long hard four days here still a little sore after my truck crash thanks to all that wished me well just going to Relax this wkend been so busy I haven't got show off new truck so may take care of that business as well this wkend stay safe b cool an live well
  • May 13, 2016 3:07 AM PDT
    Boqer Tov brothers and sisters.

Once again, the forecast was wrong, but it was a good wrong. Sun is shining and I'm riding.
    Well, I rode to the laundry mat, but when this laundry is done, LOOK OUT!!!

Be well and ride safe.
    • 84 posts
    May 14, 2016 1:53 AM PDT
    Well, the rain has moved on. 61 today, 67 tomorrow and 70s Mon-Fri next week. No rain in the forecast for the next 10 days or so. Yee-Ha
    • 57 posts
    May 14, 2016 4:13 AM PDT
    Morning' All, we have been very busy trying to get things caught up around the house and our property,the weather has turned cold and windy again,Heading back to NC again mid week, Take Care Ride Safe
  • May 15, 2016 3:47 AM PDT
    HEY EVERYBODY my weekend of relaxing turned into a bunch of work on Family Farm but going to catch some local wind today hey local wind better than no wind right then back at shop Monday morning hope everyone has a good wkend stay safe b cool an live well
    • 1855 posts
    May 23, 2016 11:41 AM PDT
    I know. It's not morning. I've been up in Ohio for the last couple of weeks attending grandkids graduations. Gypsy is in Alaska but she's staying longer after Alex graduates next week.

A thousand mile "drive" that I have to make 4 more times before the end of June. Interstate travel is the worst. However, we'll be heading out on the bike (back country) in July and August. Don't know how long these old bones will last and it just may be the last long road trip but we're giving it a go.

You know how folks say, "you're only as old as you feel"? Well FWIW, I can't play shortstop anymore!!! So it don't really matter how "I feel" now does it. Been toying with the idea of a trike if this year proves painful. But then again, just "toying" with the idea. Never rode one and I can only imagine how different it would be.

Anyway, hope ya'll had a great day. I was just glad to be back in Paradise.
  • May 23, 2016 2:53 PM PDT
    Went to Myrtle Beach this past weekend to pick up my Granddaughter for a couple of weeks. It was bike week there and the Scooter bug bit me again. Will be looking for another Ride soon. Looked like every 5th bike was a Street Glide, and many were customized to the hill. Nice Rides
    Be Safe everyone and check 6 often
    Night Dragon
    • 1855 posts
    May 24, 2016 10:37 PM PDT
    Good morning from Alabama's Gulf Coast. Gypsy is still in Alaska and I'm heading out for a couple of days and relief a bit of cooped up stress. The weather is going to be nice for a couple of days so if you're in the right area have a safe one.
  • May 25, 2016 1:45 AM PDT
    Hey Everybody, Work has been plentiful past few weeks but getting in local riding here in north Bama they have finished repaving 3 old backroads that added some more miles to my local loop which is now at its max 235 miles around or if I need to bee line home 60 miles at far point of loop all two lane SEXY meaning it has lots of curves counting down till June then I ON TOUR Stay Safe B Cool an Live Well
    • 3006 posts
    May 25, 2016 2:30 PM PDT
    My mornings lately have been consumed taking care of everyone else but me & riding has been on the back-burner.Not to mention its that time of year again to change the oil clean the plugs and a few other things that need attention on my ride.
    The weather hasn't been cooperating here much either,lots cloud & wind with peeps of sun around the bay area,and the passing shower.

stay safe & enjoy the ride
    • 1855 posts
    May 26, 2016 12:41 AM PDT
    Good morning from Paradise. Heat index rising this week. Humidity rising this week. Out in the yard early this a.m. (again) doing what needs to be done. Ya'll have a fine day. I headed out the other day for a bit but didn't get as far as I had hoped. Old bones aching ya know.
  • May 26, 2016 1:03 AM PDT
    Have a 10:15 Dr. Appt, seems like I have these more than I use to...LOL
    Working on a deck table made partly of Harley Parts. I think it might just turn out pretty nice.
    Have a safe day and check 6 often
    Night Dragon
    • 57 posts
    May 26, 2016 1:35 AM PDT
    Morning All,Hopefully everyone is doing good,yesterday started my way back home from Hillsborough, I just can't catch a break looks like I'm getting Wet again today.Lol
    @JimmyAcorn my brother said choosing a Trike was the best thing he could have done, give it a try and I'm betting your passenger will approve as well.
    • 1855 posts
    May 26, 2016 9:51 AM PDT
    I've got a new home and a new truck so unless I can get a decent trike for under 10K I don't believe I'll be getting one soon.
  • May 27, 2016 12:19 AM PDT
    Hey Doc check out cycle trader, I've seen some nice bikes and trikes in there for pretty reasonable prices. It's all about keeping the air in your hair.
    Night Dragon
    • 1855 posts
    June 2, 2016 4:47 AM PDT

So how is everyone this fine June morning?  I'm feeling empathy for the brothers in Texas.  OMG!!!!  It has to be one continueing nightmare.

Gypsy will be coming home from Alaska tomorrow.  It's been a couple of weeks since we've been together.  Daughter and 4 grandkids will be coming home here with her for a couplel weeks visit.   Ya'll have a great day.

• June 2, 2016 5:04 AM PDT

Have had my 3 year old Granddaughter with us for the past two weeks and today we take her back to Myrtle Beach to be with Dad.

Have to admit for a little one she has been very good, but if I see one more CARTOON on TV I'm going to scream. What ever happen to the Road Runner, and those great cartoons from the past.  Great weather for a road trip.

Everyone stay safe

Night Dragon