No more?

• 1855 posts
    June 8, 2015 6:20 AM PDT
    Just curious...no more contest of the month?   Not that I have anything new lately; just curious is all.

Peace
    • 5419 posts
    June 8, 2015 4:52 PM PDT
    Well Jimmy, you're right there hasn't been any contests for a while. To be honest I stopped for a bit because I got tired of the bitching and whining. Every time I would categorize the bikes in the Bike of the Month Contest I would hear "why is my bike in custom, it only has the tank painted" or "why is that bike in stock, it has custom paint", etc, etc. Believe it or not I would get 10 or 20 PMs a month with people whining... and it was just a fun contest for bragging rights.

I meant to start them back up and it just kept slipping my mind and then it just kind of got forgotten about. I think some really did enjoy it and I will go ahead and start some new contests beginning next month.
    • 19007 posts
    June 8, 2015 9:20 PM PDT
    I Did.
    • 1855 posts
    June 8, 2015 11:40 PM PDT
    I understand completely Lucky. Ironic isn't it that we (Bikers) can be just as self-righteous as the rest of the world, eh? I enjoyed looking at the bikes as well; amazed at the lengths people would go with customizing.
    Peace
    • 2685 posts
    June 9, 2015 12:04 AM PDT
    I enjoyed it but totally understand how tireing peoples whining and complaining can get.
    • 16798 posts
    June 9, 2015 4:42 AM PDT
    My Dad used to say "they would bitch if ya hung them with a new rope". :-)
    • 3006 posts
    June 9, 2015 7:02 AM PDT
    Rev, I am just curious is that a nylon/polyester rope or a proper rope made of all natural hemp fibers?

The contest fever needs to get going here,maybe change up the rules a bit? Or include other subject matter? I vote for the best beach shot of the summer)

• 16798 posts
    June 10, 2015 6:15 PM PDT
    blurplebuzz wrote...
    Rev, I am just curious is that a nylon/polyester rope or a proper rope made of all natural hemp fibers?

The contest fever needs to get going here,maybe change up the rules a bit? Or include other subject matter? I vote for the best beach shot of the summer)

Hemp, I'm big on hemp products.

• May 7, 2017 4:44 AM PDT

I also liked the "Bike of the Month" days, but also understand the need to cease fire on that, however maybe with a new title we could continue.

Not make it a contest persay just title the idea something like.......1. My Baby......2. The other half....3. My stress reducer...........

Well you get the idea........

Ride safe.........Night Dragon

• 19007 posts
    May 7, 2017 6:18 AM PDT

How about 'Best Ride' Photo? Meaning a photo of the bike somewhere on a ride.

This post was edited by RexTheRoadDog at May 7, 2017 6:19 AM PDT
    • 57 posts
    May 7, 2017 6:06 PM PDT

I like the Ride Photo idea but maybe not as a contest, just you pick the best photo from your ride and share it with everyone.