Hello from New Mexico

• March 7, 2015 11:31 AM PST
     After 15 years of no bike, I succumbed to my midlife crisis and bought a Harley Ultra Limited, brand new, last spring. Almost a year to the day from buying it I find this site. I poked around a bit and found it to be to my liking and I joined. I own a country store in the middle of nowhere and am semi-retired. My daughter runs the dump and that leaves me time to travel and ride. (to me they are different-travel involved cars and planes) My wife rides with me and my granddaughter wishes she could ride with me, but she's too young. 

I love living in NM and enjoy showing off the area where I live. Anyone visiting the Santa Fe or Las Vegas (NM) area, hit me up and I'd love to show you around or at the very least point you in the right direction.

Glen
    • 295 posts
    March 7, 2015 12:43 PM PST
    Hello from the Washington, enjoy that scoot it's an awesome ride
    • 19007 posts
    March 7, 2015 8:09 PM PST
    Welcome from the At Large member (currently in Terlingua, TX) to the Best Damned Family Friendly Biker site on the entire web.
    • 57 posts
    March 7, 2015 11:56 PM PST
    Welcome from a slightly warmer N/E Illinois,enjoy the new ride Be Safe
  • March 8, 2015 12:22 AM PST
    Hunter55 wrote...

Lived in the Chicago 'burbs for 40 years before fleeing to NM. Mom still lives there and I was with her about 10 days ago while she recovered from a knee replacement. The snow and cold reminded me why I left! Come on out to God's country and let's ride.

• March 8, 2015 12:24 AM PST
    djroadking wrote...
    Hello from the Washington, enjoy that scoot it's an awesome ride

Thanks. I'm taking it out this morning for a ride with the dealership.

• March 8, 2015 12:26 AM PST
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Welcome from the At Large member (currently in Terlingua, TX) to the Best Damned Family Friendly Biker site on the entire web.

Thanks.  Not sure what an "at large" member is, but I may just qualify given my weight.  When I was exploring the site "friendly" was what I noticed right off. It's an unusual trait on the internet these days!

• 19007 posts
    March 8, 2015 1:42 AM PST
    As I put it I am from nowhere and everywhere...Originally from PA I winter in SW Texas and summer wherever feels good
    • 1855 posts
    March 8, 2015 5:57 AM PDT

Welcome from the Ohio wasteland. Now that I'm retired I too am getting out of here; coastal Alabama bound. Enjoy your new ride and be safe. And you never know; we might be heading that way this summer. Got a sister in Phoenix.

Peace
    • 16795 posts
    March 8, 2015 7:01 AM PDT
    Hello from the frozen but slightly warming Lake Erie shores of Pennsylvania.
    • 3006 posts
    March 8, 2015 7:20 AM PDT
    Howdy from N Calif SF Bay area, and welcome to the best motorcycle board on the web !!!
    Sweet looking ride!!!

Stay Safe & Enjoy The Ride
    • 846 posts
    March 16, 2015 4:33 AM PDT
    Hello and Welcome from the Northeast corner (Massachusetts). Was just down one state over AZ for a week and a ride. Now I'm back to snow and cold. Enjoy the riding someday I'll relocate south and ride all year. Enjoy the site.
  • March 16, 2015 7:28 AM PDT
     Welcome! Glad to hear that you're riding, so have fun and do it safely. I had a pen-pal from Las Vegas, NM back in the early 80s when I was stationed overseas in Germany serving in the  Army. I've been to the Red River bike rally back in 2009, NM is just as gorgeous as CO. Take care brother and safe riding. 

Diceman
  • March 16, 2015 2:39 PM PDT
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
    • 57 posts
    March 17, 2015 3:25 AM PDT
    PecosRiver wrote...
    Hunter55 wrote...

Lived in the Chicago 'burbs for 40 years before fleeing to NM. Mom still lives there and I was with her about 10 days ago while she recovered from a knee replacement. The snow and cold reminded me why I left! Come on out to God's country and let's ride.
    Hey thanks for the invite to N/M but the only trip planned going west this year is flying to San Francisco for a wedding in late Aug.
    Let Me know if you want me to check on Mom, HaHaHa Ride Safe
  • March 19, 2015 11:32 PM PDT
    Hunter55 wrote...
    PecosRiver wrote...
    Hunter55 wrote...

Hey thanks for the invite to N/M but the only trip planned going west this year is flying to San Francisco for a wedding in late Aug.
    Let Me know if you want me to check on Mom, HaHaHa Ride Safe

Well, I'm heading your way in April, I hope.  I'm planning a trip to visit Mom via Route 60 to Cairo, IL. Then 57 north to Mom.

• 57 posts
    March 20, 2015 9:55 AM PDT
    Sounds like a good ride,let us know when you'll be in town and we can go for Pizza and some Beer
  • March 20, 2015 2:05 PM PDT
    Works for me.
    • 15 posts
    December 8, 2015 3:17 AM PST
    Hello I also live in New Mexico. We live in Alamogordo and New Mexico is one of the best places to live and ride all year