Do you ride with a gremlin bell?

• May 23, 2014 12:49 AM PDT
    I have 2 on my bike. Both were gifts. I figure a little good mojo couldnt hurt.
    • 1161 posts
    May 23, 2014 6:19 PM PDT
    yep, riding friend got me one.
  • December 9, 2014 2:08 PM PST
    yes i do
    • 6 posts
    April 27, 2015 12:22 AM PDT
    I ride with a bell below each saddle bag. My wife gave them to me just for fun but they since became a part of the bike. They go everywhere I go.
  • April 28, 2015 12:06 AM PDT
    yes a friend made mine from 304 stainless steel and I hear it ringing from it's position on my forward peg, so I paid him to fabricate one for my nephew and his also rings like a symbol
    • 295 posts
    April 28, 2015 12:58 PM PDT
    I got a new Limited last year and was going to put the bell off my Road King however the bell was about 3/4 missing. Guess it earned it's keep. So the Limited has 2 bells.
    • 1 posts
    April 29, 2015 2:45 AM PDT
     Shortly after buying the Submarine the Wooly man bought me a bell.  That one was lost at the crosssroads on a bike about a few years ago.  He bought me another one, that one two was lost on a bike about.  So I am thinking either the gremlins are taking them or the Submarine is sheading them.  Either way don't think I am putting another one on her.  Midol has never had a bell and she will stay that way. 35 years without one why change it.
    • 44 posts
    April 29, 2015 3:38 AM PDT
    Just my story about a gremlin bell at a friend of mine hadn't seen him in a couple of years seen him at a gas station on his bike thought it was pretty cool how you got a new bike noticed you didn't have a bell this was on a Sunday went Monday morning to buy him a gremlin bell to put on his bike I get a phone call he's been in a wreck lady pulls out in front of him he totaled his bike now is not riding
    wish I got him a Bell before then turns out he's ok broke leg broke sternum Brokeback broken arm just always wondered if that Bell would have made a difference for me I'm always going to ride by the Bell my wife bought mine my son bought me another one always return the favor
  • April 29, 2015 5:55 AM PDT
    Gremlin bells are part of the tradition for anyone joining our group. All of us have been given bills. I received mine 17 years ago when I got my first bike. One guy in our trip survived a very serious accident two years ago and is back riding. Did the gremlin bell ward off the worst of the demons??? Who knows, but he made sure that bell was put on his newest bike!
    • 19037 posts
    May 6, 2015 12:34 AM PDT
     For those who don't know me I ride with my ding-a-ling hanging from the left mirror. Sometimes I like to play with my ding-a-ling while riding...
    • 1 posts
    May 17, 2015 3:18 AM PDT
     This is Japans version of our ride bell, it is called a storm demon and soppose to keep the storms away.   As someone who has been named "Rain Goddess"  everyone that rides with me insist on me keeping one on my tour bike.  

• October 21, 2015 10:30 AM PDT
    my bell was gifted to me by my Dad back in 93 when I bought my first Harley been on ever bike since
    • 34 posts
    October 22, 2015 10:44 AM PDT
    I have two on mine,hear them going down road even over my V&H slash cuts    
    • 11 posts
    July 8, 2016 8:16 AM PDT

I have had one for several yrs., now. Just bought one for dear hubbie's bike, which was my wedding gift to him. Celtic cross on both of them

• 1855 posts
    July 12, 2016 3:46 PM PDT

Did we know that you got married or have I been too absent or inattentive?

Signature(?)  Coming soon.

• 11 posts
    October 21, 2016 11:57 AM PDT

Yes, we do. We have 2, and both have the Celtic Cross. One hangs on the sissy bar & one hangs on me, on a long thick necklace. Now, to figure out some way to tie my tartan sash on me without it being in the way.