Best Biker Movie ever

• January 19, 2010 9:33 AM PST
    On Any Sunday!

Not really "biker" but a killer view of what the old days in motorcycles was were like.
    • 190 posts
    January 19, 2010 10:01 AM PST
    So many things going through my head after reading all of this. As far as the movie goes Ghost Rider.
    • 5419 posts
    January 19, 2010 10:24 AM PST
    Steven wrote...
    Does anyone remember the movie and tv show "Then Came Bronson"? 1969-1970

Yeah, I do actually.  I was only 11 or 12, but probably watched re-runs a couple years later.  I was growing up in New Jersey and I remember thinking how great it would be to ride the California Coast, especially across that really cool bridge.  Well that's the Bixby Creek Arch Bridge and now I ride accross it a couple times a year when I head up the coast.

• January 19, 2010 11:19 AM PST
    Not to harp, but On Any Sunday was the coolest. just so everyone knows, it's not the goofy football moving with Pacino. This was back in the mid-late 70's. A must see if you can find it.

Here's an example: These days it's a huge feet for someone to get on their Ultra Classic with the i-Pod cranked and ride a 1,000 miles in 24 hrs, All pavement of course.

In 1971 Malcolm Smith won the Baja 1,000 on this bike!!! A 1970 Huskvarna 250!!! Had about 4" of travel compared to the new dirt machines they make, it was like riding on a fence rail!

• 910 posts
    January 19, 2010 11:29 AM PST
    I'm voting Fastest Indian. It left me thinking "wow" good for him and all he accomplished. I liked The Wild One next, yeah they were rebellious trouble makers as a group but Johnny turned out to have character. He did a solid in the end. I hated the ending of Easy Rider makes me not want to go out there in the world, that ending twisted my gut. Hell had I seen that before I went off on my road trip I might have changed my mind. I haven't seen Wild Hogs yet but it's in my netflix queue I'll have it by the weekend and I'm looking forward to watching it :-D
    • 1509 posts
    January 19, 2010 11:34 AM PST
    I am suprised that someone did not say wild hogs yet.

my vote goes to Brando in "the Wild Ones"

The first star wars had galatic scooters in it

yea yea thats it Star Wars yea thats the ticket
    • 83 posts
    January 19, 2010 11:47 AM PST
    ChopperTown!
  • January 20, 2010 2:30 AM PST
    I really think that Then Came Bronson was the best motorcycle movie ever!! I first watched this when I was a kid and it put me owning a H-D XL at the age of 15, and I have been riding since. Check it out !!!
  • January 20, 2010 2:54 AM PST
    I agree with adventureGirl... I just don't like the idea of getting done in with a 12 gauge at close range!!! Sorry....
    • 119 posts
    January 20, 2010 3:17 AM PST
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/8414169.stm /> Evel Knievel's son to recreate double-decker bus stunt
  • January 20, 2010 3:25 AM PST
    Far too many good Movies when you are my age .. Like all the ones mentioned .. but Lee Marvin in the Movie "Wild One" is one of the reasons I started riding at age 15 .. This was long before a lot of you were born ..
    • 1780 posts
    January 20, 2010 10:21 AM PST
    If you remember Then came Bronson was riding a sporster..........Now I know some people could ride a sporster coast to coast but now me!
    Dragon