Tapping noise in the read cycler head on here 07 Shadow Saber

• June 12, 2013 12:47 AM PDT

Question, My wife has a 2007 Shadow Saber with low mileage and it has developed a tapping in what seems like the rear head. We have had it in the shop and worked on but it is still happening. Has anyone had the same problem???

• September 26, 2013 4:55 PM PDT
    Had the 05 Sabre and never had a problem with noise... I was thinking they have hydraulic lifters. should need no adjustment.. Best to get it checked dropping a valve is not Good !!
  • September 26, 2013 11:46 PM PDT
    the shadows do have hydraulic lifters but they do have shims, at least in the older models, I'm not sure about your year but if so there is some adjustment. also what weight oil are you using? good luck.
  • September 27, 2013 8:32 AM PDT
    I own a '07 1100 cc Shadow Spirit and I'm convinced the Shadows bigger Shadows that year all make the noise your talking about. Mine had just 14k on the odometer when I bought it earlier this year, and I ride it hard when on the road without any problems.Unless the noise is a new noise,I wouldn't worry seeing as you said it had been taken to the shop.If by chance you find a problem that is causing the noise,please give me a heads up.
  • September 27, 2013 9:25 AM PDT
    Shim under bucket to adjust the lifters.
    I find most Honda shops don't know squat about their bikes. I take my VTX to a independent. Great work for a reasonable price.
  • October 6, 2013 12:41 PM PDT
    Sabre's have a gasket problem,hole is too small..This creates the tapping sound,usually only at idleing.. My bike has 62,000 miles, always did this.. There is alot more information on a sight called the Sabre Group.. You can get information about clearing out this port hole..Then installing special plugs made for the purpose..