2:1 exhaust

• March 27, 2013 8:47 AM PDT
    I'm looking for a 2:1 exhaust for my 2003 Suzuki VL800. I've checked/looked at all the manufactours and can't find one. I like the Roadhouse brand but they have gone out of business. The next that I like is made by Leo Vince their Silvertail Blackjack style but they discontinued making it for my bike. Last is Vance & Hines but I don't like the fact that the muffler flairs out (in megaphone shape) over 4 inches.and is for the 2005 Suzuki Blvd series C50/M50.  I'm tired of constantly have to re-adjust the throw over bags so that it doesn't sit on the muffler.  Do I have to go Custom because the current makers don't make a 2:1 exhaust system for my bike.   
  • March 27, 2013 9:15 AM PDT
    time to engineer some yourself bud! take your existing headers and buy a 2:1 collector from a muffler shop that will fit your headers and use whatever muffler you choose. Those projects are a blast.. My welding skills are probably a 6/10 but thats nothing that wrap wont cover up....LOL (been there done that)
    Otherwise keep searching bud... Sometimes the problem with the metric bikes is the lack of custom parts. Good luck!
  • March 27, 2013 1:57 PM PDT
    Have the 03 Volusia out in the garage too.Don't know what throw over bags I'm using with the factory pipes, but they haven't caused any headaches.Let me know if you find some good aftermarket pipes,don't have to be 2:1.
  • March 27, 2013 3:12 PM PDT
    Just found 7 different sets for your bike on denniskirk.com which I had bookmarked for parts for my other bike.They may not be exactly what your looking for but at least they have different sets.Happy shopping.