ANYBODY HEARD OF THIS NEW 'BIG JOHNSON' MOTORCYCLE LIN

• 190 posts
    January 8, 2010 10:12 AM PST
    read on the other HD forum that the4re is another motor company which started out as an outboard motor company comin out with a line of heavy duty cruisers called Big Johnson Motorcycles. I been tryin to locate their 2010 line to check it out. from readin the press releases they seem pretty cocksure of themselves that they'll eat into the HD market...any opinions or sightings..?
    • 190 posts
    January 8, 2010 10:15 PM PST
    hmm...guess not then.....lol
    • 190 posts
    January 8, 2010 10:21 PM PST
    lol....man, this better be a legit news article i read about this Big Johnson motorcycle line cuz if its not ..lol...im the first ASSHOLE Of 2010!!!.......the more i read and re-read the news articles posted on line the more im thinkin the jokes on me....oh well, "if you cant laugh at yourself you're an asshole".....damn. they got me.
    • 19007 posts
    January 8, 2010 11:16 PM PST
    Yeah sounds like ya been had...
    • 190 posts
    January 8, 2010 11:36 PM PST
    Lol...you're right,RoadDog....Jokes on me....still,come to thnk of it i can always use a bigger johnson with less miles on it..lol
    • 1780 posts
    January 9, 2010 5:47 AM PST
    not sure about that but .......I could use some Johnson & Johnson on my Johnson right now!

The Dragon
    • 190 posts
    January 9, 2010 9:34 AM PST
    lol....you got me laughin so hard dragon i almost pissed my pant...lol
    • 1161 posts
    January 10, 2010 2:44 AM PST
    LOL. I was wondering about this thred....
  • January 10, 2010 4:07 AM PST
    Sounds like hoax shit to me I'm thinking the punky that started using "big johnson" was referring to the male crankshaft if'n U get my drift?
    • 190 posts
    January 12, 2010 9:33 AM PST
    lol. damn, they got me! Ok Ok Ok...I got the next round of shots and you can all line up and start razzin my cherries. serves me right for opening up tbhe computer early on a Saturday morning with nothing else to do but drink coffee and eat pancakes and get all excited about another new american motor compayn..Im the Asshole of The Month....lol
  • January 12, 2010 9:38 AM PST
    Damn and not even April 1st....
    • 1364 posts
    January 12, 2010 9:55 AM PST

Here ya go

INTRODUCING A NEW LINE OF MOTORCYCLES

At a press conference late Monday, the CEO of Johnson Marine, makers of Johnson outboard marine engines and other recreational equipment, unveiled a new line of heavyweight cruiser style motorcycles designed to compete head to head with industry leader Harley-Davidson.

Peter Long, Johnson's Brands Marketing Manager said, "We have studied the market and determined that Harley, while highly successful, has narrowly missed the mark when targeting motorcycle buyers." Long added, "We at Johnson are convinced that our product hits the target dead center and promises to draw sales away from Harley-Davidson in a way no other motorcycle has been able to
    accomplish."

The new line of bikes, marketed under the name Big Johnson Motorcycles, will, according to Long, deliver what Harley has only promised. "Our research show that this, a Big Johnson, is what Harley buyers are really after."

At the unveiling of the new line Monday, several current Harley owners agree. "When I bought my Harley, what I really needed was a Big Johnson," said one Harley owner. "But I see now that riding a Harley is no replacement for having a Big Johnson."

Manager Long also said that his company would follow the lead of Harley-Davidson and cash in on a huge market for non-motorcycle related products. "We realize that not every guy can have a Big Johnson," said Long, "But image is very important to people. If they
    don't have a Big Johnson, they at least want to project the image of having one."

Asked if he anticipated Big Johnsons showing up in the hands of Harley owners, Long said it was unlikely. "I just don't see the need to have a Harley if you have a Big Johnson," he said. "And I can't imagine someone who spends all their resources to acquire a Harley having a Big Johnson. I think it boils down to this - You either have a Harley, or you have a Big Johnson, but you are not likely to have both."

"Given the choice," said Long, "I think most guys will opt for the Big Johnson."
    Another force driving sales for the company will come from women. A survey of the wives and girlfriends of nearly 1,000 potential motorcycle buyers indicates less than 5% would approve of their partner spending $20,000 on a Harley Davidson. But, when asked if they would be willing to pay the same amount of money to get their partner a Big
    Johnson, nearly 4 out 5 thought that would be money well spent.

One female present at the product unveiling was quoted as saying, "There is no way I will let Lonnie drop 20 grand on another one of those Harleys, but 20 grand to get him a Big Johnson? Well, that's something we could both enjoy, and it's something he really needs."

Carla Roundheel, manager of the dealership network now being established, said her motto is simple. "I service what we sell. "Big Johnson Motorcycles will be traded on the New York stock exchange under the abbreviation PNSNV.
  • January 13, 2010 8:17 AM PST
    Now that's phuckin' funny!
    • 190 posts
    January 13, 2010 8:50 AM PST
    Damn, im about beet red right about now..lol
  • January 13, 2010 10:08 AM PST
    Sing,your first clue should have been the managers name, Peter Long, but hey,we all get suckered at one time or another.
  • January 13, 2010 11:11 AM PST
    Are these the tires that come on those bikes Sing??
  • January 13, 2010 11:16 AM PST
    Here's the company's first advertising poster.
  • January 13, 2010 11:17 AM PST

• January 13, 2010 11:51 AM PST
    its still not a Harley!!!
  • January 14, 2010 5:53 AM PST
    Yeah, but with a Big Johnson you don't need a harley...

On the farm lived a chicken and a horse, both of whom loved to play together. One day the two were playing, when the horse fell into a bog and began to sink. Scared for his life, the horse whinnied for the chicken to go get the farmer for help!

Off the chicken ran, back to the farm.

Arriving at the farm, he searched and searched for the farmer, but to no avail, for he had gone to town with the only tractor. Running around, the chicken spied the farmer's new Harley. Finding the keys in the ignition, the chicken sped off with a length of rope hoping he still had time to save his friend's life.

Back at the bog, the horse was surprised, but happy, to see the chicken arrive on the shiny Harley, and he managed to get a hold of the loop of rope the chicken tossed to him. After tying the other end to the rear bumper of the farmer's bike, the chicken then drove slowly forward and with the aid of the powerful bike, rescued the horse.

Happy and proud, the chicken rode the Harley back to the farmhouse and the farmer was none the wiser when he returned.

The friendship between the two animals was cemented: Best Buddies, Best Pals.

A few weeks later, the chicken fell into a mud pit, and soon, he too, began to sink and cried out to the horse to save his life!

The horse thought a moment, walked over, and straddled the large puddle. Looking underneath, he told the chicken to grab his hangy-down thing and he would then lift him out of the pit.

The chicken got a good grip, and the horse pulled him up and out, saving his life.

The moral of the story?

When You're Hung Like A Horse, You Don't Need A Harley To Pick Up Chicks !!
    • 190 posts
    January 14, 2010 10:10 AM PST
    lol.....funny.....thats a good story..
    • 1161 posts
    January 15, 2010 3:29 PM PST
    ok for those that have not gotten this yet, "Big Johnson" are normally on T-shirts. And some of the younger crowd also know "Johnson" as a guys D*ck.

Hope this helps.

Seakers