BlueTooth or Speakers - what do you like? Why?

• January 26, 2013 3:08 AM PST
     I do Custom Speakers, Motorcycle Sound, so I am wondering what everyone thinks on what the better choice is - Speakers or Bluetooth.
    Recently Bluetooth headsets have come out all over the place - which ones do you use and what do you like or dislike about it?
    • 5420 posts
    January 26, 2013 4:03 AM PST
    I actually have both from product reviews I did (http://www.cyclefish.com/product_reviews.php)

To me it really depends on personal preference. I like the speaker system and use that most often. First it allows me to listen to music and also hear everything around me including warnings (sirens, horns, etc), the wind and the sound of my bike. Plus it is great when camping with the bike because I have music.

The Bluetooth helmet set works well too. It allows me and the wife to each listen to our own music and we can even use the helmet to helmet communicator to mute the music and talk if we wanted. Since we ride with 1/2 helmets that isn't too important cause we can hear each-other anyway... with 3/4 or full helmets it is a good feature. You would think it would make it harder to hear the stuff around you, but it is the opposite. I find that with the headset I don't have to use it as loud to overcome the wind and road noise, so I can actually hear the stuff around me better than when blaring the handlebar speakers.
    • 19034 posts
    January 26, 2013 6:47 AM PST
    I do not like anything in my ears that limits the ambient noise. I NEED / MUST hear what is going on around me.
    • 1855 posts
    January 26, 2013 9:52 AM PST
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    I do not like anything in my ears that limits the ambient noise. I NEED / MUST hear what is going on around me.

May as well be in a van with a bunch of rugrats.

Peace