My bike is making a really "BAD' noise in the rear end

• 2685 posts
    October 2, 2012 7:11 AM PDT
    The only thing I can think of is it wasn't a dealer I bought it from and brought it back to for repair. I'm sure if it was a Harley they would have had the part. 8^)
    • 3006 posts
    October 2, 2012 8:01 AM PDT
    Its good to hear you found what the cause was,and before long you can get back on the road again.

stay safe & enjoy the ride
  • October 2, 2012 8:03 AM PDT
    I think they do that on purpose...
    Its always the things you need to get back on the road that they dont have...   But!  They carry all the accessories, bling, and uneccessary crap in excess!

I once waited a day for a HD dealer to overnight a caliper rebuild kit...... 
    • 1855 posts
    October 2, 2012 8:13 AM PDT
    Vulcan wrote...
    The only thing I can think of is it wasn't a dealer I bought it from and brought it back to for repair. I'm sure if it was a Harley they would have had the part. 8^)

Not necessarily so my friend.  A dealer sometimes is a dealer regardless of the brand.  I think we're all damn lucky when we do find the right dealer to do business with.  Heck, I've been to HD shops where parts counter guys didn't even know what a shovelhead was. It just seems odd to me.  I'm a biker and I know what a Henderson is.  Why wouldn't a parts guy at least "know" what a shovelhead is?  Oh well, a sign of the times and years that pass.

Peace
    • 844 posts
    October 2, 2012 8:56 AM PDT
    Glad you got it figured out and on your way back to riding!

Sounds like you had one fun weekend!!!
  • October 2, 2012 9:14 AM PDT
    Be careful partying with them 21 year olds. I took my son and some of his friends to Atlantic City for his 21st - rode the bikes down. Sunday morning they were ready to ride home, I slept from when he left on Sunday until Monday then rode home

Glad to hear you got your bike problem worked out!
    • 2685 posts
    October 8, 2012 12:27 AM PDT
    Well both my bike and I have recovered. 8^)
    Got the bike back from the shop on Saturday, Runs great, no more noise, got to take a little ride but ended up raining Sat. evening and most of the day Sunday. Still not pretty this morning so I let him sleep in. Hi of 50 and stormy.
    The season is definately not over yet in Virginia though, I plan on having at least a few riding days each month all winter. (Let's hope).
    Thanks again to all for thier suggestions and contributions to my dilemma, Oh as it turns out Kawasaki, for whatever reason, put single roller bearings on the early models of the V2K, who knows why they would do that but the shop says they replaced them with the double roller bearings so hopefully I shouldn't have to worry about them again.

Ride Safe All.
    • 3006 posts
    October 8, 2012 5:46 AM PDT
    Awesome !!! I like good endings/beginnings ,a person hears enuff negative stuff these days to float a boat !! Thanks for sharing
  • September 26, 2013 5:08 PM PDT
    I suspect that the Belt Was too Tight causing excess load and wear on the bearings.. Make sure it is adjust porperly..
  • January 28, 2014 12:35 PM PST
    No Japenese nor Bombardier (victory cycles, polaris, Evinrude) carry even spare replacement engines for the Street model MOTORCYCLES, much less the smaller more wear prone stuff. I have been wrenching on Bikes , ALL brand names , for over 25 years. Used to be, parts were always available, or at most , overnight, for any bike ten years old or newer. Now , I have waited 2 weeks for small carb. and fuel tank seals on a Yamaha star 650 2009 model! That is the Best I could do between online and through the surrounding dealers! I am certified on Harley Davidson Products, and that is my main repair and / or service. I have absolutely no trouble at all getting parts for evo engined 1987 up bikes! Newer H-D twin cam engined bikes are a little harder , but not a big deal. I will tell you this, the newer japenese and victory bikes are nice for the money, but try to get an engine for one of these bikes (a brand new engine , factory engine) , Good luck! unlesss they specially build you one, all you can get is parts and peices to rebuild old engine. They really dont build new engines for any of their motorcycles. They make them throw away bikes, its really sad! Harley Davidson though, does in fact have brand new engines for your bikes all the way back to the first evolutions , plus S&S has all other model engines as well as big bore and stroked NEW engines for ALL models of H-D. Now some manufacterers would have folks think that if a company has to carry new engines, then their engines arent very reliable. I say H-D doesent build a throw away bike, and 150000 mile engines need to be replaced! Whatever floats your boat, Just sayin'