RegulatorRectifier.com

• August 20, 2012 1:06 PM PDT
    Does anyone have any experience with RegulatorRectifier.com?  Are they legit? 
  • August 20, 2012 3:29 PM PDT
    I just checked out their site. Uhm, I hate to admit this, but I don't even know what a regulator rectifier is, or what it does. To be on the safe side, I try to buy stuff from places like Motorcyclesuperstore.com, and other reputable parts and bike stuff retailers. Wish I could be of help.
    • 130 posts
    August 20, 2012 8:28 PM PDT
    Not familiar with them.

I bought a couple of regulator/rectifiers from Bike Bandit. I installed one so that the rear tire wore through the wires and they still replaced the unit at no charge.
    The prices seem to be slightly lower than RegulatorRectifier.com.
  • August 20, 2012 11:55 PM PDT
    LCStrat wrote...
    I just checked out their site. Uhm, I hate to admit this, but I don't even know what a regulator rectifier is, or what it does. To be on the safe side, I try to buy stuff from places like Motorcyclesuperstore.com, and other reputable parts and bike stuff retailers. Wish I could be of help.

A rectifier is an electrical device that converts alternating current (AC) to direct current (DC).  The regulator is a resistor that only allows a pre-specified amount of voltage to go to the battery excess volts go to ground. 

• 5420 posts
    August 21, 2012 3:12 AM PDT
    Never heard of them either, but they have apparently been around a while. I didn't see any bad stuff about them anywhere. If you do decide to try them, let us know how their service was.
    • 1 posts
    August 31, 2012 4:07 AM PDT
    There prices aren't that much different then most other online parts houses, but I have got a couple things from them I couldn't find anywhere else
    • 1 posts
    August 31, 2012 4:07 AM PDT
    There prices aren't that much different then most other online parts houses, but I have got a couple things from them I couldn't find anywhere else
  • September 10, 2012 6:40 AM PDT
    Finally bit the bullet and bought the R/R from this website. This one, as a matter of fact, http://www.regulatorrectifier.com/catalog/1982-Kawasaki-KZ750M-KZ-750M-CSR-Twin-Regulator-Rectifier . I'll let you guys know how it works out.
  • November 30, 2014 11:49 AM PST
    On the 83HondaCT110 there is a rectifier, and the battery acts as the regulator.
    • 84 posts
    November 30, 2014 7:21 PM PST
    lajepo wrote...
    On the 83HondaCT110 there is a rectifier, and the battery acts as the regulator.

OK, a rectifier converts AC to pulsating DC voltage.  What I don't understand is how pulsating DC sent directly into the battery is regulated to maintain charging voltage without going through a voltage regulator before going into the battery. 

Wouldn't the voltage going into the battery increase as the engine RPM increases thereby possible damaging the battery?