Ride Safe & Watch Our For Cagers!

• April 24, 2012 8:13 AM PDT
    I just want to say a prayer for everyone that the biker community has lost & to pray for those who are still with us!!! Rubberside Down & ML&R to all of you!!!
  • April 24, 2012 8:21 AM PDT
    I just want to say a prayer for everyone that the biker community has lost & to pray for those who are still with us!!! Rubberside Down & ML&R to all of you!!!

• April 24, 2012 8:33 AM PDT

Keep them wheels - a - spinnin and the beavers - a - grinnin.....
  • April 24, 2012 11:24 AM PDT
    Just watch them because they are not looking out for us!!! Besides I hope we can ride together in this lifetime, instead of the afterlife
    • 3006 posts
    April 24, 2012 1:47 PM PDT

stay safe n enjoy the ride all you cyclefishys
  • April 25, 2012 5:13 AM PDT
    It is all about the ride & not about the destination... as long as that destination brings us all back safe at night
    • 1 posts
    April 25, 2012 7:30 PM PDT
    help needed : whats the best form of abuse to give a cager in the USA..after he's cut you off....cause last time i let rip the driver just looked at me with a blank expression...I'm pretty sure he didn't undertand a word i said upon reflection...in general conversations i get told to slowdown, and speak clearly....animated....well ho knows how it sounds to the listener.......
    • 823 posts
    April 26, 2012 3:29 AM PDT
    I usually give them the one finger salute.
  • April 26, 2012 5:25 AM PDT
    LOL My ol man rolls up & looks at them! Then he shouts..."It's not road rage, I'm gunna **** you up because you are STUPID"! That gets the point across most of the time!
    • 5420 posts
    April 26, 2012 8:33 AM PDT
    Jonesy1340 wrote...
    help needed : whats the best form of abuse to give a cager in the USA..after he's cut you off....cause last time i let rip the driver just looked at me with a blank expression...I'm pretty sure he didn't undertand a word i said upon reflection...in general conversations i get told to slowdown, and speak clearly....animated....well ho knows how it sounds to the listener.......

That's funny Jonesy... cuase you know the Aussie accent has kind of a friendly sound so he probably couldn't figure out if you were mad or telling him how much you were enjoying America

I have found a middle finger to be pretty simply and fairly universal!

• 1 posts
    April 26, 2012 11:02 AM PDT
    yeah I know about the bird salute, thats fairly universal nowdays. Even old women know it. Which reminds me of the time i was negociating a round about, and a mature lady with big hair, cut me off in her Merc 2 door...I'm on myHD apes n all..I just glance her way and make preps to get underneath her on thediminishing lane when she looks right at me and pops up the finger...I laughed so hard I got a case of thewobbles..and she beat me out the otherside of the round about...so know the middle finger don't work as well anymore. I need something betterer...what about a pocket full of old rusty...socket bits?
    • 823 posts
    April 26, 2012 2:26 PM PDT
     Well, I usually carry this, in case it gets too ugly...............................
  • April 26, 2012 3:24 PM PDT
    I hate to admit it, but I almost pulled out in front of a car coming from a side street in Monroe Lousiana today. 4 lanes in front of me, and two more merging in from another direction, and me coming out of a Raising Canes chicken place. It reminds me to be extra extra watchful. I'm glad I didn't pull on out.
    • 823 posts
    April 26, 2012 4:14 PM PDT
    Yep we make mistakes too. I was headed out last year on a run and about a mile from my house pulled out in front of a vehicle........... Brain fart!.......... Always think this is a four way stop but it isn't. They were running about 50 mph and I just pulled out in front. Stupid and I knew it. They locked it up and missed me. Some of them do watch out for us. I really felt bad about that and I still do a year later. If they would have stopped I would have taken the butt chewing or kicking and accepted it!
  • April 27, 2012 6:37 AM PDT
    My angels were watching over me and the man on two wheels the other morning around 5am.....Yes, I was in my truck when a Dodge Ram had been tailgating me for miles,at a safe point without hills (not going to drive 90mph) I pulled to the shoulder to let this idiot pass.The truck had passed,and I was about to retake my lane position had to swerve back to the shoulder to avoid a motorcycle tailgating the dodge ram....Talk about a blind spot.Don't think the guy on the m/c ever honked, blinked his lights...in fact I think he was looking ahead planning on passing the truck that just passed me.Guess,they were dang lucky I was wide awake even though I'd only slept about three hours.That look twice,save a life saved a life.
  • April 27, 2012 8:07 AM PDT
    This may be looking at it from the other side of the coin but we have all made mistakes ( yes even me lol) but we don't think of how or why the other guy might make a mistake just that he wasn't watching out for us riding. We will never know what caused htem to not be paying attention. It could be that their parents died or they simply swerved away from another on the other side of them that we didn't see. I know that there are people who just shouldn't be behind a wheel to begin with as well. I try to think of these things before I stop and chew some 4th point of contact. I hope we all keep the rubber side down and the handelbars up.
  • April 27, 2012 1:31 PM PDT
    Im in the Guard, and I prob look 160lbs. Well I am 160lbs, Ive had ppl get out of their car for the finger move. +1 on the In case it gets ugly guy

• April 27, 2012 1:56 PM PDT
    I also belong to in case it gets ugly group with an H n K .40 and a badge to back it up. Hopefully none of us ever have to use em.
  • April 27, 2012 2:47 PM PDT
    good company were in I see
  • May 7, 2012 6:29 AM PDT
    Recently on the way to work, beautiful morning, lite traffic, four lane center median road, accident between two cagers in the left hand lane traveling in my direction, its the south, we merge like folding a deck of cards and make nice. Young Lady (guessing on that one) in a Bimmer (nice car, Ohio plates) couldn't get the idea, punched it causing me to brake like crazy to avoid the accident. Sure enough, pull up next to her at the light and she gives me the finger, I give her the Forrest Gump smile and wave, thankful that's not what I'm going home to. Kill them with kindness, less jail time.