Ride music

• April 10, 2012 2:33 AM PDT
    So a question for those of you that listen to music while riding. What are your favorite bands/songs to listen too? I'm just curious about everybodys playlists.
  • April 10, 2012 2:42 AM PDT
    Rock, Classical, Chamber music, Blue Grass, and everything inbetween, I'm a chick so I tend to change my mind some have a great one! ""T
    • 19046 posts
    April 10, 2012 2:45 AM PDT
    I have a very eclectic mix in my road songs playlist of over 300 songs. Everything from Hank to Johann, even some (very limited) rap, Doo Wop, Oldies, Texas Swing, Big Band, Blue Grass, Folk, Alternative Rock, and some genres I am forgetting. Mostly 'Outlaw Country' and southern Rock though. There was a similar forum a while ago and I will try to find the link and post it here.

two forums relating to this are

http://www.cyclefish.com/forum/General/Forum-Games/Motorcycle-Theme-Song-56125-1.html />
    http://www.cyclefish.com/forum/General/Off-Topic/BEST-RIDE-SONGS-GOIN-THRU-YOUR-HEAD-WHILE-RIDIN-17361-1.html />
    • 823 posts
    April 10, 2012 2:52 AM PDT
    Metallica, Def leppard, AC-DC, Aerosmith, etc., along with some newer like Seether, Five Finger Death Punch, Alice in Chains, Godsmack, Hinder, etc..................... Got a 400 song playlist so far!
    • 658 posts
    April 10, 2012 3:23 AM PDT
    Southern Rock, Blues, a little country, even some Carolina Beach Shaggin music.

Here's a sample: Swamp Da Wamp, "http://www.youtube.com/embed/djdwvc0_l1M"; The lead singer is my neighbor.

Medic

Rockin and Rollin
    • 5420 posts
    April 10, 2012 3:30 AM PDT
    When not riding I listen to a very wide variety of music. On the bike it's normally Classic Rock/Rock...

Beatles, The Who, Stones, AC/DC, Bad Company, Guns & Roses, Jethro Tull, Kiss, Skynyrd, etc...
    • 2072 posts
    April 10, 2012 3:57 AM PDT
    Classic Rock !!!
  • April 10, 2012 4:03 AM PDT
    You name it - I have had it playing at some time or other.....but NOT on a bike...lol...Only in my various cage type vehicles.....
    • 16837 posts
    April 10, 2012 5:30 AM PDT
    As far as music goes: Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, etc..
    Other: am info channels in road work areas, national weather radio.
    • 1855 posts
    April 10, 2012 9:27 AM PDT
    Call me a party pooper or old stick in the mud, but I don't listen to music while riding my bike. I think music dulls the necessary senses it takes to remain totally concentrated/focused on riding. I tried singing outloud a couple of times though; 'till I got a taste of an unseasoned critter. LOL

Peace
  • April 11, 2012 1:32 AM PDT
    I agree with Jimmyacorn(not the singing part though).
    • 823 posts
    April 11, 2012 2:11 AM PDT
    Depends on the road, definitely not in town though. I have my favorites runs I listen to music on.
    • 1 posts
    April 13, 2012 9:39 AM PDT
    Southern Rock, Rock-a-Billy!
    • 58 posts
    April 13, 2012 11:22 AM PDT
    Just the beat of my 88" V-twin!
  • April 13, 2012 3:51 PM PDT
    I don't listen to anything when I'm riding, but if I could, it would be: Blue Oyster Cult, Jane's Addiction, Alice in Chains, Drive-By Truckers, Black Sabbath, Accept, Motorhead, etc...
  • April 14, 2012 7:34 PM PDT
    Kid Rock, Motley Crue, Guns n Roses, Eminem, AC/DC, you know the cool shit.
  • April 16, 2012 11:06 AM PDT
    Classic Rock or Country
    • 3006 posts
    April 16, 2012 11:22 AM PDT
    I am another of those who doesnt ride with music on.
    Yet I do have a certain disc I listen to religiously before taking off on a long run,gets my juices flowing,"Flying in a Blue Dream" Joe Satriani my favorite tune "RIDE"
    try it you'll like it : ) probably get my butt killed if I listened to it while riding !!! HAH !!!
    • 834 posts
    April 17, 2012 2:03 AM PDT
    Country & Rock, pretty much all I listen to anywhere. More country than rock.
  • April 17, 2012 2:56 AM PDT
    The ex ol man had a mix similiar to Rex's listed above and that was great during back road travel or toolin round town but I gotta be honest, the bike was loud and the music was louder...I wore ear plugs during hwy travel (we did a lot of long distance runs 700+ miles a day) and just listened to the music in my head lol