Need Ecouragement

• March 29, 2012 3:14 AM PDT
    Jliat, though I'm not a giant fan of lowering, however how did it help you, have your found new bars and such have made it easier on ya? Have a great one! "T"
  • March 30, 2012 1:04 AM PDT
    I pick it up tomorrow. The dang thing has been in the shop for 2 weeks. Apparently, there were other things that was going on, like the battery and the back brakes. I'm so excited to pick it up. The weather is going to be great tomorrow so I'm hoping to get some riding in. I'll keep you guys updated.

Thanks,
    J.
  • April 2, 2012 12:48 AM PDT
    I picked up the bike on Saturday and what a difference. I had a great time cruising around. The best part was going through the parking lot at the dealer with the local HOG chapter lining up and not freaking out and doing something stupid. LOL.

The bike feels so much better and I feel more confident and that I have control. I'm following Tumbles advise and going back to the MSF course and thinking about how I should stop and do other things properly.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I'm excited to get started in this riding season.

J.
  • April 2, 2012 1:45 AM PDT
    Jules, I'm glad that your ride is where ya want it, and that maybe the repeat of the class helps ya, I think there is no shame on you for that. I've seen why to many women that are "zombies" behind their husbands. The ladies will follow them thru red lights, thru busy intersection without looking for themselves. To me this isn't riding, and nothing is being learned except target fixation and that will kill you and they also pick up all their husband's bad habits. The most important piece of equipment that we ride with is our own brains. If we don't use them, sooner or later it will catch up with us. Now that your more aware of riding I hope that you take much more from the course than ya did the first time. Iknow the frist things every wants to do is hit the streets, I got my license let's go and then yeah get there and its oh shit. The MSF can't prepare ya for that moment in time but our patients and skills along with self belief will get ya throught it, and the oh shits will be come less really they do. However if ya been riding for a couple of years and your still freaked out about the traffic and such there's one of two things to do, go repeat the course for you so you develop the cofidence that ya know what your doing, or hang up them keys and sell the bike. Why cause oh F_____, has yet to come and it always comes. If ya can't handle getting in to traffic how are you going to handle being run off the road, if these ideas freak ya then well there's only one choice then. I know its hash but not every one is cut out to ride regardless of what others may think or say. I wish you the best and please let us know how its working out for ya, OH yeah one more thing a good mentor is one of the most valuble persons ya can have. However sometimes its best if its not a spouse. Ya want one that will tell you what to expect, what is to happen, and that its ok. If ya find one that is always pointing out the negatives like I hate grated bridges, let's avoid them, then that isn't a good mentor for they are sharing the fear with ya. Because you never know where you'll be in this country when ya come upon a grated bridges, and that is the only way to get to where your going, what are ya gona do turn around and not go? That's why a great mentor is a must in my mind. Have a great one "T"