NASCAR - "Gentlemen, Start Your Engines"

• 16798 posts
    August 10, 2014 5:07 PM PDT
    From all the videos I have seen it don't look intentional on Stewart's part.
    Around here we have a lot of dirt tracks from a 15 min to an hr drive away.
    You get out of your car on the track after a wreak (fire not included) $500.00 fine and suspended for 2 weeks.
  • August 11, 2014 1:22 AM PDT
    From the youtube video I saw, it looked like Ward was walking back up the track then turned and stepped toward Stewart's car. It was dark, he was wearing black, cars don't have head lights and he was probably in Stewart's blind spot behind the roll cage bars. Looks like a series of unfortunate events.

My sympathy goes out to Kevin Ward Jr's family.
    • 16798 posts
    August 12, 2014 4:53 PM PDT
    To bad things happen, but I'm glad the liberal media has some other news so they can stop crucifying Stewart and all us "blood thirsty redneck" race fans.

With that off my chest I will quietly go back to bitterly clinging to my guns and religion.
    • 16798 posts
    • 844 posts
    August 21, 2014 2:19 AM PDT
    Don't get all this hoax stuff lately. Guess some folks find it funny.

We going to Bristol this week for some bumping and grinding
    • 834 posts
    August 21, 2014 12:42 PM PDT
    Love watching the races at Bristol
    • 844 posts
    September 16, 2014 7:35 AM PDT
    Not sure what to think about this one...

Tony Stewart case will go to grand jury in 'near future'

The Ontario County District Attorney's office will take the Tony Stewart case to a grand jury, D.A. Michael Tantillo said in a statement Tuesday afternoon.

Stewart struck and killed Kevin Ward Jr., 20, on Aug. 9 during a sprint car race at Canandaigua Motorsports Park.

"Over the past several weeks, I have reviewed with members of the Ontario County Sheriff's Department their investigation, as it progressed, in the Tony Stewart matter," he said. "Recently that office concluded its work and forwarded the complete case file to me. Upon my review of all of the information contained in the entire investigation, I have made the determination that it would be appropriate to submit the evidence to a grand jury, for their determination as to what action should be taken in this matter.
    • 16798 posts
    September 16, 2014 3:28 PM PDT
    What better for NY state than to take down a "redneck NASCAR driver" sponsored by a company that sells guns.
    • 5419 posts
    September 16, 2014 4:41 PM PDT
    Not sure what the thinking is. To me the video did not show any intent and there is still the fact that Ward did walk across an active race track - yellow flag or not. Don't get me wrong, in no way am I saying Ward deserved to get hit, but he did place himself in danger.

It was certainly a tragic accident, but in my opinion it was just that... a tragic accident. Personally I have never been a big fan of Stewart and he is a hot head, but as I said before I really can't believe he intentionally hit a person.

I actually feel bad for Tony at this point. He has to live with the fact he hit a man and killed him, even though he did walk across an active race track. Now he has to deal with the BS of them saying he intentionally killed the man.
    • 16798 posts
    September 17, 2014 4:11 AM PDT
    There is an old saying in the "law circles" : "a Grand Jury can indite a ham sandwich".
    Meaning that Grand Juries generally side with the prosecution.
    • 16798 posts
    October 12, 2014 6:26 AM PDT
    Brad Keselowski sure threw a dangerous and expensive tantrum last night after the race at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
    • 5419 posts
    October 13, 2014 4:26 AM PDT
    Don't know what in the hell Keselowski was thinking there - probably didn't actually think too much.

Hell with a points deduction... He needs to be suspended for one race, then maybe next time he will think!
    • 16798 posts
    October 13, 2014 5:10 PM PDT
    With Keselowski's mouthing off and recklessness I'm surprised Pensky hasn't done something before now.
    I see Miller isn't a full time major sponsor on the 2 these days either.
    • 5419 posts
    October 15, 2014 2:17 AM PDT
    Well John like in so many other cases these days in all the sports... the owners will look the other way on unexceptionable behavior as long as the person is a performer and winning. Do shit like that if you are not at the top of your game and they will make an example out of you.
    • 16798 posts
    October 15, 2014 6:41 AM PDT
    The lame stream media used this as another shot at Stewart.
    Apparently they didn't get the memo about Keselowski putting Edwards into the fence and getting fans hurt not that long ago.
    • 5419 posts
    October 29, 2014 2:44 AM PDT
    Just 3 races left to find out who is going to win the chase.

Down in Texas this weekend for some BIG track racing!!!
    • 16798 posts
    October 29, 2014 5:11 AM PDT
    At first I couldn't make heads nor tails of this new format.
    It sure has made for some intense strategies and hard racing.
    Case in point when Hamlin slowed on the pit exit an lost a spot to be on the inside on the restart.
    Jr. put me in mind of his old man in Martinsville when he moved Stewart out of the way.
    • 5419 posts
    November 3, 2014 2:08 AM PST
    Yeah, it now gets a little confusing. But one thing that stayed the same is you got to finish and finish in the top 5 to keep moving up.

Looks like Denny has a REALLY good shot this year to take it all. Gonna be an interesting race on the short Phoenix track next week to see who the final four are going into Homestead.

By the way we always watch the final race at Sporty's in Corona. So if any of you are in So Cal, come on by and join us!
    • 16798 posts
    November 3, 2014 9:24 AM PST
    Yes NASCAR has both Hamlin and Lagono as "points leader".

The $20,000.00 question, what drivers aren't P.O.ed at Brad Keselowski?
    • 5419 posts
    November 9, 2014 1:45 AM PST
    Think you would have a tough time finding someone not P.O.ed at Keselowski. Seems like this year NASCAR got a lot of news coverage for things that didn't concern racing. Hope it doesn't become the NFL!
    • 16798 posts
    November 9, 2014 4:27 AM PST
    Indeed.
    The more statements I hear from Kurt Busch's ex-girlfriend the stranger is sounds.
    Stewart Hass Racing sure has the lame stream media giddy this season.
    • 5419 posts
    November 10, 2014 2:10 AM PST
    There you go John... you got Denny competing for the Championship next week in Homestead. It is cool that the 4 drivers left - Denny Hamlin, Joey Logano, Ryan Newman & Kevin Harvick - are from 4 different teams.

We will be at Sporty's in Corona for the final race - a yearly tradition - so if anyone in So Cal wants to join us, we'll see you there!
    • 16798 posts
    November 10, 2014 2:45 AM PST
    Yes!
    I hope that sour grapes from certain losers don't spoil Homestead.
    I was on pins and needles the whole race after Hamlin's tire incident yesterday.
    • 5419 posts
    November 10, 2014 4:17 AM PST
    I hear you there John. Remember back in the old days with Richard Petty, AJ Foyt, Dale Sr, Bobby Allison, etc, etc. Those guys bumped and ground all day long every Sunday and there were no days on end press conferences and media statements about he did this or he did that. They just came back next week and got revenge by taking the checkered flag.

There is no place for whining in NASCAR - or any professional sport for that matter. If you need someone to feel sorry for you when you lose... call your mother!
    • 16798 posts
    November 10, 2014 12:45 PM PST
    That's why I go to the local dirt tracks when I can. :-)