NASCAR - "Gentlemen, Start Your Engines"

• 16831 posts
    May 22, 2012 3:36 AM PDT
    Bikermedic wrote...

Hey Guys,
      I made it without a scratch. And I was only 60 ft from Montoya's garage stall!  lol   

I was praying that Target car didn't make you a target.

• 658 posts
    May 22, 2012 3:35 PM PDT
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    Bikermedic wrote...

Hey Guys,
      I made it without a scratch. And I was only 60 ft from Montoya's garage stall!  lol   

I was praying that Target car didn't make you a target.

Thanks,    Every time he would come off track during practice, everyone in the garage area would run for cover! Hmmm, I wonder why? 

• 5420 posts
    June 22, 2012 12:18 PM PDT
    We got the Road course at Sonoma this weekend. Let's see who can make right turns :-)

Here is what Vegas thinks...

Marcos Ambrose #9 +300
    Tony Stewart #14 +600
    Jeff Gordon #24 +650
    Jimmie Johnson #48 +700
    Juan Pablo Montoya #42 +850
    Kevin Harvick #29 +1200
    Kyle Busch #18 +1200
    Kasey Kahne #5 +2000
    • 16831 posts
    June 23, 2012 3:08 AM PDT
    I'm just hoping Hamlin doesn't catch on fire again.

• 5420 posts
    June 23, 2012 3:17 AM PDT
    Since he was okay it makes for a really cool picture. Doesn't do a whole lot to help in the points though!!!
    • 16831 posts
    June 23, 2012 6:10 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Since he was okay it makes for a really cool picture. Doesn't do a whole lot to help in the points though!!!

Indeed, a real flame job.
    He's in 5th, he only lost 2 positions.

• 5420 posts
    July 7, 2012 2:31 AM PDT
    Got some racing under the lights in Daytona tonight and it should be a good one. You gotta love the pairing up that happens in Daytona. It amazes me to see how when the rear car backs off just a bit to cool the engine, the others who are paired just blow by them.

Last night's Nationwide race there in Daytona was a pretty good race, except for the fact that Kurt Busch won - you know my favorite driver is anyone in front of the Busch brothers

And Danica gets another DNF. I guess if Go Daddy want's nothing other than their logo to be seen on TV (which I'm sure is there goal), than they made a good choice letting Danica drive their car - it does get a lot of camera time. But if they every want to see the Go Daddy car win a race... they probably should consider getting a real driver.
  • July 7, 2012 4:21 AM PDT
    I started a new job, haven't had time for updates, still hoping for my driver Newman makes it !!! use to be Petty but have been doing much on racing :} I sure do like Carl Edwards BACK-FLIP !! ;}
    R U ready for some RACING !! at 6:00 in my neck of the woods....lol
    • 16831 posts
    July 7, 2012 4:48 AM PDT
    I'm hoping Hamlin's back issue doesn't hinder him tonight.
    • 5420 posts
    July 8, 2012 4:43 AM PDT
    Congrats to Tony Stewart coming from a 42nd place start to win at Daytona! Haven't seen the race yet 'cause I was out, but I do have it taped.
    • 834 posts
    July 13, 2012 11:57 AM PDT
    Tony might have back to backs. Always does pretty well at New Hampshire and won it last year. Bet he's feeling pretty confident this weekend!
    • 2 posts
    August 11, 2012 1:37 AM PDT
    Anybody in Watkins Glen this weekend?
    • 844 posts
    August 11, 2012 5:18 PM PDT
    Man I love watching them boys on the road courses. Should be a good race tomorrow!
    • 1 posts
    August 12, 2012 11:57 AM PDT
    Great race! How about that final lap!
    • 5420 posts
    August 12, 2012 1:30 PM PDT
    That was a friggin GREAT final lap!!! Just what you would want to see in a road course race... cutting corners, up in the grass, slipping, sliding and a little bumping. The other great thing was that Kyle Busch didn't win But what a great battle between Ambrose and Keselowski on those final few turns.

I'm sure there will be all kinds of complaining going on for not throwing the yellow on that last lap, but I think since the track wasn't impaired they did good letting 'em finish!
  • August 12, 2012 11:33 PM PDT
    I drive past MIS on my way to work, its 2 miles from my house the Haulers were sitting at the gate ready to get into the track, already have prople in the camp grounds its time to go racin in Michigan
    • 5420 posts
    August 13, 2012 2:19 AM PDT
    Here is that finish from Watkins Glen yesterday. 

(The final lap starts at right about 3:00)

• 5420 posts
    August 13, 2012 2:27 AM PDT
    Bradzoo wrote...
    I drive past MIS on my way to work, its 2 miles from my house the Haulers were sitting at the gate ready to get into the track, already have prople in the camp grounds its time to go racin in Michigan

Michigan is always a good race. Big, fast oval and its getting later in the year so the points standing is getting more importnat and the racing gets a little more aggressive.  Should be another great race this weekend!

Have you been to the races there? 

• 16831 posts
    August 13, 2012 3:38 AM PDT
    Great final lap, I was rooting for Ambrose after Hamlin went out.

Another fire and DNF for Denny Hamlin. :-(
    He dropped to 10th, not good.
    • 5420 posts
    August 13, 2012 3:40 AM PDT
    Could be worse John, you could be a Danica Patrick fan and NEVER get to watch a white flag lap!
    • 16831 posts
    August 13, 2012 3:48 AM PDT
    True.

Funny thing about her last wreak, Brian Truex said he was a better road racer than his brother in Sprint Cup before the Nationwide race. :-)
    • 5420 posts
    August 13, 2012 3:54 AM PDT
    Maybe that's why Ryan took her out :-)

I like Danica, but... 6 DNFs, one top ten this season. After a while the cameras are going to stop focusing on her car "just because" and if Go Daddy wants to keep their logo on the TV screen they may have to go get a DRIVER.

Note to Bob Parsons (GoDaddy):  I do have 15 laps experience in a NASCAR without crashing, which is almost as many laps as Danica has gone without crashing.  And I work cheap!!

• 2685 posts
    August 13, 2012 4:30 AM PDT
    I've never really been a fan of NASCAR, when I was a paramedic I did some standby's at Richmond and it just never clicked. Now with that being said, I have done the Richard Petty "riding" experience and would love to do the "driving" experience. Getting behind the wheel might just be what I need to convert me. 8^)
  • August 13, 2012 4:43 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Bradzoo wrote...

Michigan is always a good race. Big, fast oval and its getting later in the year so the points standing is getting more importnat and the racing gets a little more aggressive.  Should be another great race this weekend!

Have you been to the races there? 

Been going since it opened, Michigan can get boring at times, the race in June was a good one I think the Track resurface had alot to do with it, we usually go every race but this year the Easy Riders Rodeo falls the same weekend so if I don't get to crazy there on Sat. night we'll be at the race on Sunday. Then comes Bristol I hope the Track resurface/redesign makes it racing like it used to be, we went to the spring race in 2009 and haven't been back, hopefully this will help, Martinsville will be the next short track I go to prolly next year.
  • August 13, 2012 5:36 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...

"Note to Bob Parsons (GoDaddy):  I do have 15 laps experience in a NASCAR without crashing, which is almost as many laps as Danica has gone without crashing.  And I work cheap!!"

OMG that's awesome.  I'm all about women drivers but that's funny right there!