NASCAR - "Gentlemen, Start Your Engines"

• March 4, 2012 4:24 AM PST
    im thinking JR. might get his win today.im a stewart fan but jr has been fast and every race at daytona he was right there at the end. lookin forward to texas in april !
    • 5419 posts
    March 4, 2012 5:04 AM PST
    AZ - I thought about running out there, but I HAD to go to a wedding yesterday. You can always run this way in a couple weeks for the California 500 - I WILL BE THERE!

Cal - Jr. did have a great race last week, but that was a much bigger/faster track and I think JR just does real well on them big tracks, but I'm sure he'll be right up there today... just don't think it will be in the #1 spot.
  • March 4, 2012 5:14 AM PST
    Cant watch it live here...we get it approx 3 days later to watch...
    • 834 posts
    March 4, 2012 5:49 AM PST
    Man, that would suck to know the winner before you watch the race!

I know that Gran Prix/Open Wheel racing is pretty popular in Europe. Do you guys have any major Stock Car racing similar to NASCAR?
    • 5419 posts
    March 4, 2012 3:02 PM PST
    Hey BigJohn, See your boy Denny got his first win early in the season. I knew he would do really well on a shorter track where driving played a bigger part than HP.

Hopefully this is the first of many for Denny this year. Kind of likin' that young man!
    • 16795 posts
    March 4, 2012 3:16 PM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    Hey BigJohn, See your boy Denny got his first win early in the season. I knew he would do really well on a shorter track where driving played a bigger part than HP.

Hopefully this is the first of many for Denny this year. Kind of likin' that young man!

Thank you my friend.
    I think this will be a great year fo the number 11 in cup, and he'll be driving the 18 in quite a few Nationwide races as well.

• 0 posts
    March 4, 2012 6:28 PM PST
    Ambrose is slowly improving..He'll go ok this year
    • 834 posts
    March 6, 2012 5:08 PM PST
    Ok, who's gonna do it in Vegas this week ????

Thinking Jr has a real good chance!
    • 5419 posts
    March 7, 2012 1:35 AM PST
    Yeah, at a faster track like LV with average speeds up in the 180s, I think we're gonna see Jr, Stewart, & Edwards up there in the front. All have some real fast cars!!!
    • 16795 posts
    March 7, 2012 1:52 AM PST
    I had forgotten until watching "The Hub" the other night how many times the number 48 team got busted.
    With that and Chad Knaus and Jimmie Johnson's feuding a bit last year, I'm wondering if Hendrix will be moving folks around.
    • 5419 posts
    March 17, 2012 6:21 AM PDT
    Gotta Love Bristol - one of my favorite races of the season!

Who's going to win on the "short track"
    • 5419 posts
    March 17, 2012 6:30 AM PDT
    Looks like the youngsters are doing well in the Nationwide with Logano (21 years old), Bayne (21 years old) & Stenhouse (24 years old) running 1,2,3 early in the race .
    • 16795 posts
    March 17, 2012 11:33 AM PDT
    I was rooting for Joey, he did finish 4th.
    After Sadler's streak of rotten luck over the last decade, last year was good, maybe he'll win the Nationwide championship this season.

I'm hoping Hamlin wins tomorrow.
    • 5419 posts
    March 17, 2012 11:54 AM PDT
    You're hoping Denny wins every race Rev!

I hate to say it but Vegas has Kyle Busch as the favorite, which I really don't want to happen.

Biffle looked really good in practice and qualifying, but even with the pole Vegas has him 6th. I'm thinking this may be Jr's Race. We'll see...
  • March 17, 2012 3:01 PM PDT
    Jeff Gordon
    • 16795 posts
    March 17, 2012 5:36 PM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    You're hoping Denny wins every race Rev!

I hate to say it but Vegas has Kyle Busch as the favorite, which I really don't want to happen.

Biffle looked really good in practice and qualifying, but even with the pole Vegas has him 6th. I'm thinking this may be Jr's Race. We'll see...

True.

Busch is probably still P.O.'d about that loose wheel in the Nationwide race.

The Vegas odds makers can't even change a spark plug let alone figure out a NASCAR winner, they should stick to the ponies.

• 5419 posts
    March 19, 2012 2:46 AM PDT
    Well it was a fun race to watch - Bristol always is!!!

Pretty good ending with Keselowski & Kenseth running around the track together for the last 20 or so. Bristol is a hard track to make a pass on, so the best Kenseth could do was follow him around and hope for any slight opportunity.

Lots of pit strategy came into play with some really long green flag racing going on.

Congrats to Brad Keselowski

Next week the boys will all be out here in Fontana, so if your looking for me, you'll know where to look!

• 16795 posts
    March 19, 2012 4:28 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...

Lots of pit strategy came into play with some really long green flag racing going on.

Next week the boys will all be out here in Fontana, so if your looking for me, you'll know where to look!

Indeed, like leaving a wheel loose on the 11 car.

Lucky you (pun intended), we have several dirt tracks and 1 NASCAR paved track around here, but the "big boys' don't race there.

• 5419 posts
    March 19, 2012 5:38 AM PDT
    Yep, I'm ready. We just buy the cheap seats - first 14 rows are just $35 because you can't see over the driver's stand to see the back straight, but you have an up close view of the front straight, a great view of the pits and you can see turns 1 and 4 just fine.

Plus we can wander around a bit 'cause there are some areas you can hang out and see the back straight.
  • March 19, 2012 1:19 PM PDT
    Nothing puts me down for a nap on sunday afternoons faster than NASCAR except maybe golf, funny because I really enjoy all types of racing when I'm at the track. TV racing for me is just down right boring.
    • 823 posts
    March 19, 2012 1:55 PM PDT
    I hear ya wheels, Can't do racing, golfing on tv. Even horse racing sucks on tv to me but if I got $2 on some ole crowbait, I am on the rail, screaming at 'em!!
    • 1855 posts
    March 19, 2012 3:31 PM PDT
    And short track racing is the least favorite to me. thank God for remote control. Remember when ya use to have the kids change the channels? LOL

Peace
    • 16795 posts
    March 19, 2012 4:08 PM PDT
    I appreciate the fact that all three of the top NASCAR series are televised.
    • 5419 posts
    March 19, 2012 6:46 PM PDT
    If you're falling asleep watching NASCAR on TV you aren't doing it right

First you can't just sit in a comfy chair and try to watch the entire 3 hour race or you sure will fall asleep.  You need to invite some buddies over, get a bunch of beer and then watch it.  There are lots of mid race laps where you need to BS with the boys or throw a game or two of darts.  The other way is to head to the local sports bar so you can watch while hanging with the boys and shooting some pool.

When I have no one to watch the race with I normally record it and start watching an hour or so after the race starts and then just FF past the laps they are just following each other around the track and yellow flag laps.

Ok, try that and let me know how it goes.
    • 16795 posts
    March 20, 2012 4:32 AM PDT
    I keep my hands busy making smokes during races.
    When I'm not doing that I go through old car, truck, and bike magazines removing cool vehicles and tech tips to put in my reference binders.