Finally

• 1855 posts
    December 20, 2011 6:21 AM PST
    The new black Switchback has arrived.  My God how beautiful it is.  My RoadKing is a beast but this, well this is a thing of beauty.  And the D n' D slip on exhaust is just awesome; something I worried about because ya just don't know about exhaust until they're on.  But they are just the right tone.
    So, that's it.  It's west central ohio and we'll be lucky to have a nice riding day until Spring.  But there IS the New Years Day ride come hell or high water.

Peace
    • 567 posts
    December 20, 2011 6:29 AM PST
    It must be eating you alive to see that new bike sit in the garage waiting for a good riding day. Will keep fingers crossed that you get one .. or two .. or three .. real soon.
    Enjoy and ride safe.
    • 5420 posts
    December 20, 2011 6:37 AM PST
    Congrats Jimmy. After seeing one up close recently I really like the Switchback. When I can have a second bike, that will be it. Take the bags off for around town, and then Laura can ride it next to my Road King when we travel!

Hope you get some weather to take it for a ride!
    • 0 posts
    December 20, 2011 7:20 AM PST
    Congrats mate.The switchback is a bloody nice thing..Not a bad Christmas present either..Enjoy mate..Cheers Boof
    • 2 posts
    December 20, 2011 8:41 AM PST
    Pictures or it never happened!
    • 1855 posts
    December 20, 2011 9:52 AM PST
    99Savage wrote...
    Pictures or it never happened!

O.K.  give me a couple of days and I'll have 'em up.

Peace
    • 19031 posts
    December 20, 2011 10:37 PM PST
    Congrats I really like that Switchback!!! Wishing I could have two...
    • 1161 posts
    December 21, 2011 2:49 PM PST
    The new Switchback is sweet I was also looking at them for 2012. Congrats on the new ride.
  • December 21, 2011 4:17 PM PST
    I like the S/Back too~ but really wished I'd kept my '48' as well as the SG ~
    • 1855 posts
    December 24, 2011 9:45 AM PST
    Here's a page from our web site with a pic of the new Switchback and a couple of other bikes I own.  As you can see, I have a website in which you'll notice that I'm not called Jimmy Acorn.  I've never revealed my real name on the internet.  People have called me Doc for over 40 years.  In fact, I think my family are the only people who know my real name.  So, Jimmy Acorn is just an alter ego ya might say,  "Following in the footsteps of Johnny Appleseed" planting oak trees as it where.       There was never any intent to deceive anyone.    I was just being overly cautious though I can't imagine why.  I sold my soul to the internet the day the WWW first exploded on the scene back in the late 80's. It's a little late at being cautious wouldn't ya say?!  There's no doubt the government knows everything about me.  So, there ya go.  My handle is Doc.  And, like BikerMedic on CF, I've been known as Bikerdoc at times.  But I remain "Jimmy Acorn" to, hopefully, some new friends I may meet on the road.
    Peace

http://inthewindwithdoc.com/Motorcycle%20Pic.html
  • December 27, 2011 6:40 PM PST
    Gotta say, I LOVE my new Switchback! They have Road Kings but I am naming this The Road Lord! This things is a beast! Almost 100 lbs lighter than the king and just gets down the road with such fluidity! If you get a chance to demo ride one you won't regret it and god bless you if you buy one!
  • December 27, 2011 11:26 PM PST
    Congrats, Well done
    • 395 posts
    December 28, 2011 12:28 AM PST
    Beautiful bike...and what a great Christmas present....hope you get to ride her soon.....
    • 1855 posts
    December 28, 2011 12:53 AM PST
    Oh yeah. We've been riding her. It's been in the low 40's, a bit windy, but that didn't stop us. As for Black9's naming his The Road Lord, my brothers are already giving me a bit of sheite; calling my Switchback the Road Queen. A bunch of smartasses they are but they do have a point. I think it's make a great touring bike for those ladies who'd rather not tussle with the larger tour bikes.

Peace
  • December 30, 2011 4:19 AM PST
    uhhh it's 2.2 inches shorter than a Road King and 1/3 less saddle bag capacity... it's a Dyna and it out handles and out corners all the big bikes... I still like the speed and handling element over the big ugly fairings and stereo equipment... ROAD LORD!