Kindness

• 611 posts
    December 18, 2011 11:33 AM PST
    I have gone out around people, recently. I usually avoid crowds because of how I feel with them all around me. As I went on my way, I would smile at folks, hold the door open for folks, treat clerks with kindness and just generally try and be a... good human. EVERYONE that I 'touched' in these ways responded with kindness. Then, as I went on my way... I would say "Merry Christmas"... Always a smile and a "Merry Christmas" in return... One clerk, with a smile replied "Happy Holidays!"
    I grinned at her and replied "Yeah, that too!"
    Let us all try and touch as many as we can in this way, because it is contagious... They will pass it on and our world will be a kinder place to live. Merry Christmas to all!
  • December 18, 2011 11:39 AM PST
    MERRY CHRISTMAS. HUGS AND PRyers
    char
    • 567 posts
    December 18, 2011 12:14 PM PST
    Merry Christmas to you too.
  • December 18, 2011 12:25 PM PST
    Merry Christmas to all on Cyclefish and everyone else that still celebrates the birth of Christ on this day
    • 3006 posts
    December 18, 2011 2:44 PM PST
    the milk of human kindness always wondered what that would taste like?? Dickens had a way with words,think if not for the celebration of this most holy of days how much poorer our world would be without such writers & their insights on the deeper truths of our frail existance as humans?
    Great advice Edge,something I try to practice year round,kindness !
    Have a very Merry Christmas !!
    • 611 posts
    December 18, 2011 3:34 PM PST
    awesome... thanx to all of y'all... Charro, webby, blurple, solar... all of ya, thanx for the reply... don't know why I said what I said... there was a time in my life when I would just as soon pop ya inna kisser as look at 'cha... Still will if the provocation is there... but it really doesn't seem to reach that level much ennymore... Goin' soft? HA! Roughtoughcreampuff... heheheee! LoveLiveLaugh!
    Edge... of sanity!
    • 9 posts
    December 18, 2011 10:08 PM PST
    Hey Edge! You've tapped into the basic needs we ALL have. God meant for us to have one another. Somewhere along the way, people have forgotten that. And with this little device, we're communicating on now...it could get worse. COULD. But, it could also be the catalyst, to spread joy, wisdom, insight, and LOVE. I choose the latter.
    Here's to LOVING others, as HE commanded. I LOVE YOU, ALL!!! And MERRY MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 19058 posts
    December 18, 2011 10:29 PM PST
    It is a helluva lot easier to be nice. Nice edge...
  • December 18, 2011 10:49 PM PST
    Merry Christmas n to my friend n savior Jesus?   Happy Birthday !
    IceBear...
  • December 18, 2011 11:18 PM PST
    I too am making it a point to say Merry Christmas to as many folks as I can this week. Just can't do enough to keep the real reason for the season in focus! The Good Lord rocks!
    • 1780 posts
    December 18, 2011 11:48 PM PST
    When you show kindness to someone it's a win win for everybody........May everyone have a safe Holiday!
    • 395 posts
    December 18, 2011 11:58 PM PST
    beautiful thought..now if we could just try to keep that mind set the rest of the year.........and we would never accuse you of being soft edge.......
    • 658 posts
    December 19, 2011 12:17 AM PST
    Like my Dad taught me, Treat others like you want to be treated! Merry Christmas to ya all!
  • December 19, 2011 12:57 AM PST
    Great post edge im doin that in my own way to. I have written 100 warnings this month when you walk up to a car window of a person who is sure they are getting a citation and hand them a warning the smile u get is heart warming
  • December 19, 2011 11:32 AM PST
    Merry Christmas too all!

Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time. ~Laura Ingalls Wilder
    • 1516 posts
    December 19, 2011 1:26 PM PST
    Random acts of kindness.. that is what I try to practice. It really works like you say Edge, smile at someone and watch it be returned and be shared. It is really nice. Let someone cut in front of you in line at the store. They suddenly become so nice. They will chat with you and the cashier.. great post..
    • 34 posts
    December 19, 2011 1:39 PM PST
    amen!!
    • 34 posts
    December 19, 2011 1:39 PM PST
    amen!!
    • 9 posts
    December 19, 2011 9:09 PM PST
    percy wrote...
    Great post edge im doin that in my own way to. I have written 100 warnings this month when you walk up to a car window of a person who is sure they are getting a citation and hand them a warning the smile u get is heart warming

Percy....YOU ROCK!  Can't think of a better way to send a weary traveler, oh his way.  
    Ride Free
    Tweek

• December 20, 2011 4:48 AM PST
    Thanks tweek when im at work and people are kind i try to to think what would tweek do. When things go South i go straight to wwbd. What would Boof do lol
    • 2 posts
    December 20, 2011 8:37 AM PST
    Edgewalker54 wrote...
    . . . . .. Then, as I went on my way... I would say "Merry Christmas"... Always a smile and a "Merry Christmas" in return... One clerk, with a smile replied "Happy Holidays!"
    I grinned at her and replied "Yeah, that too!"
    . . . .

Dont mind if I borrow that do you?