CycleFish.com

Browse Latest Posts   Categories   General » Off Topic    

NASCAR - "Gentlemen, Start Your Engines"

Page 1 out of 22 | <<<123 ... 1819202122>>> Jump to Last Page
Topics: 213   Posts: 5433
It's finally here!!!!  The Daytona 500 and the kick-off of the 2012 NASCAR season is this Sunday, and it seems like I have been waiting forever.

Looking forward to some of the rivalries to carry over from last year so we can start right up with some good hard racing!!!

We'll be doing our traditional (at least for the past few years, its become our tradition)  watching the race at Sporty's in Corona with our good friends Russ & Cindy (the BikerCrap people). 

Daytona's always one of my favorite races and I'm gonna predict Edwards takes his first win of the season in the first race of the season!

Lucky - CycleFish Leader

Topics: 20   Posts: 621
I'll be cheering for the 48 car ... and, whoever is in front of the 18.
It seems like the "off season" has lasted forever.

You've got enemies? Good ! That means you stood up for something in your life.  Winston Churchill
Topics: 4   Posts: 123
yea lucky lookin forward to another sprint cup season.edwards and kyle busch are going to be tough this year i think. stewart , dale jr. and gordon will be fast too.but im curious to see kasey kane in hendrick equipment.

Topics: 17   Posts: 486
I am wishing the 88 car can get things going his dad was my favorite driver for years and I was hoping Jr. could carry on thr tourch.

Topics: 35   Posts: 8395
Being raised around a plethora of different automotive genres I just plain love racing.
I'm a anybody in the Force bunch fan in NHRA, I've always loved the Funny Cars since day one of them being raced, I really dig the Pro Mods too.
I'm a Denny Hamlin fan in NASCAR, before him it was Rusty Wallace, and before him David Pearson.
I also enjoy going to one of our local dirt tracks and watching folks I know race.

Every silver linings got a touch of grey
                                      Robert Hunter

When was the last time "The Sarg" won an event? :-)

Robert Hunter

Topics: 20   Posts: 185
I've had the opportunity to work with Gilliland he is actually from Chino, CA. I always hope he does well and will always be a fan. With that being said I am not a Kyle Busche fan but he is by far the most talented driver in the field. Having pulled the car out of a side spin at 197 mph on 2 occasions during the Bud Shoot Out tells you he is the cream of the crop and will definately amaze us with his skills.

But my favorite driver is Juan Montoya in the Target 42 car. Not sure why, but I like his eat crap attitude and he really just doesn't care about other driver's opinions. So go Paco Taco! (as my friends refer to him as)

Being a Sprint car driver pit reporter and infield interviewer I've had the chace to interview a lot of talent over the past few years. Some of these drivers are now making their debut in the NASCAR scene via Camping World Truck series and Nationwide series and some sprint cup races. Cole Whitt being one of the young drivers to raise to the occasion. I watch NASCAR races by turning it on every TV in the house so no matter what room I am cleaning I can watch. Of course then theres the NASCAR nap which I also look forward to.......

Topics: 18   Posts: 1584
Was never into NASCAR until a year before Dale died. I was rooting for him, Michael Waltrip, and his boy JR. Michael Waltrip I always liked him and Mark ( now "the kid") Martin, they both have great attitudes and would like to have a beer with them and BS some day. Dont have a favorite driver any more but have not had any one to me really shine with the quality of the older drivers we all remember in the past.

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops,  Feel Free To Stand Infront of Them! 

Black9 wrote...
RevBigJohn wrote...
When was the last time "The Sarg" won an event? :-)

You just HAD to bring that up didn't ya? LOL

Things just haven't been the same since Allan Johnson left.
I do root for anyone racing against Johnson's dragsters. :-)
Funny how both his drivers left him.

Robert Hunter

RaceAngel wrote...
Being a Sprint car driver pit reporter and infield interviewer I've had the chace to interview a lot of talent over the past few years. Some of these drivers are now making their debut in the NASCAR scene via Camping World Truck series and Nationwide series and some sprint cup races. Cole Whitt being one of the young drivers to raise to the occasion. I watch NASCAR races by turning it on every TV in the house so no matter what room I am cleaning I can watch. Of course then theres the NASCAR nap which I also look forward to.......

I watch the Blaneys run sprints locally, to bad Dave's NASCAR stint hasn't been stellar.
He has never won, but he always seems to qualify for the races.

Robert Hunter

Topics: 1   Posts: 166
the Gatorade twin 125's are running now....see nascar.com for feed,in-car, and track cameras plus live position updates...

Topics: 50   Posts: 939
I saw this live a few years back in Chicago speedway, really enjoyed it, thats say a lot from a guy who never drove a car in his life and could never understand why they drove around in a circle for hours...the whole experience of the race and the sideshows was cool.

The best arguement against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter
Ouch, Danica hit the wall pretty hard at the Gatorade Duels at Daytona!  But thankfully no injuries!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_wtzioHXq8I

And we now have the starting grid for Sunday's Daytona 500....

1. Carl Edwards
  2. Greg Biffle
  3. Tony Stewart
  4. Matt Kenseth
  5. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
  6. Regan Smith
  7. Marcos Ambrose
  8. Jimmie Johnson
  9. Jeff Burton
  10. Elliott Sadler
  11. Michael McDowell
  12. Joey Logano
  13. Kevin Harvick
  14. Kyle Busch
  15. AJ Allmendinger
  16. Jeff Gordon
  17. Robby Gordon
  18. Ryan Newman
  19. Jamie McMurray
  20. Kasey Kahne
  21. Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
  22. Mark Martin
  23. Brad Keselowski
  24. Dave Blaney
  25. David Ragan
  26. Martin Truex Jr.
  27. Aric Almirola
  28. Kurt Busch
  29. Danica Patrick
  30. Clint Bowyer
  31. Denny Hamlin
  32. Bobby Labonte
  33. David Gilliland
  34. Joe Nemechek
  35. Juan Pablo Montoya
  36. Casey Mears
  37. Paul Menard
  38. David Reutimann
  39. Landon Cassill
  40. Trevor Bayne
  41. David Stremme
  42. Tony Raines
  43. Terry Labonte

Lucky - CycleFish Leader

Danica Patrick starts in front of Hamlin.
Darian Grubb made his first pitting mistake, and his ex-boss won.
Coincidence or what?

Robert Hunter

Wow, waht an ending at the Nationwide today. Wreck in turn 4 takes out all the leaders and young James Buescher comes from the 11th spot for his first ever NASCAR win - at Daytona!!!

Can't wait for tomorrows race!!!

Lucky - CycleFish Leader

If the 500 is anything like both the trucks and Nationwide races they'll be more wreckers than checkers. :-)

Robert Hunter

Ok, we're ready for some racing!!!!

The only thing about watching stuff like this on the west coast is that I just drug my butt out of bed and already have to get moving to meet everyone out at Sporty's to watch the race.

Lucky - CycleFish Leader

Topics: 0   Posts: 1
I hope they can get the race in today. Been pretty rainy here in north FL this morning :(

Go Stewart!!

Go figure it's sunny with blue skies up here on Lake Erie, raining in Daytona.

Robert Hunter

Topics: 17   Posts: 486
Rain Rain go away you are goofing up my racing today

Topics: 20   Posts: 621
This is the driest part of the year here in Sunny FL. But what have we got for THE biggest race day of the year? Friggin rain. Damn !!!
Oh well, at least I'm off work tomorrow.

You've got enemies? Good ! That means you stood up for something in your life.  Winston Churchill
Damn, that was disappointing. Rushed around to get everything done to leave at 9am yesterday to get to Sporty's in time for the race... and no race. Now I had to get up at 4:30 this morning to get a bunch of stuff done so I can take a few hours off to watch the race.

Lucky - CycleFish Leader

Forum Home | Browse Latest
Page 1 out of 22 | <<<123 ... 1819202122>>> Jump to Last Page

You must be a registered member and logged in to your CycleFish Profile to reply to this forum!

Search CycleFish

Copyright © 2012 CycleFish.com       |       The CycleFish website is proudly hosted at: HostGator.com